Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

How far/What would you do?

• I would go as far as it takes (1500mi for New Englanders probably) and help out

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • I would go far, but can't help

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • I wouldn't go that far ->500-600mi max (but will try and help make it happen)

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • I wouldn't go 2 states away

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • It's a nice idea, but not gonna happen

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help make a national gathering happen???

The choices are somewhat limited in the Poll, I know, but if you have a response that's not listed go ahead and post it. Here's the places that are being considered

www.hpt.com - in Kansas, very Cental US location, but not a very happening place in comparrison to

www.gatewayraceway.com - in St. Louis.

Keep in mind this will be way in the future, so unless you work 365 days a year, or don't want to use vacation time for this, you SHOULD be able to make it.

Edit: AH Crap! I meant the Dragway in St. Louis

Gateway International Raceway sorry bout that.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Lime Rock Park is in Connecticut :confused:

I'm psyched if the national gathering is there though.... I wouldn't even need a hotel!

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
So you aren't considering Elkhart? As I posted in the other thread we have everything and more... and it's in the POPULATION CENTER of the US (geographic center shouldn't be the issue IMO).

I think at least 2 people liked the idea on the thread... should it be under consideration?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Oh man, I would really be down for the one at St. Louis. I'm about 2 hours away from there and I'd say 2-4hrs is about as far as I could go. Plus it's in a pretty central spot of the country

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
St.Louis is good.....My uncle works at Boeing there...I could see if he had some friends that he could talk to and hook us up with something somewhere.

-Jeff

·
Registered
330 Posts
JeremyG said:
So you aren't considering Elkhart? As I posted in the other thread we have everything and more... and it's in the POPULATION CENTER of the US (geographic center shouldn't be the issue IMO).

I think at least 2 people liked the idea on the thread... should it be under consideration?
I'm from Boston, but even though its a PITA for me, personally, I'm for geographically centered gathering. For the most part, its relatively easy to get a "coast" gathering, but many of us won't have the opportunity to meet folks from the opposite side of the country (or see their cars).

·
Happy Happy Joy Joy
211 Posts
I Just Drove to Florida and back last week (1400 Miles each way) The Drive was Minor and I would definately love to go to a National Gathering

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't heard much imput from the West coast side of things, maybe if none there is interested, then St. L would be the primary place so Mid America and East Coast peeps can make it. Or maybe somewhere in IN then..

I'd really like to get as many West Coast people in on this as I can.

·
Puts Out On 1st Date !
6,344 Posts
I'm down with the St. Louis idea. I've never been there so it would be cool to visit. It's a pretty good drive from Dallas also.

·
1,280 Posts
Well I bought the truck this year, now all I need is the trailer. I would be willing to go as far as St. Louis to make a national gathering.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Ebaines said:
Lime Rock Park is in Connecticut :confused:

I'm psyched if the national gathering is there though.... I wouldn't even need a hotel!
it sure is,and it was my idea ;) however the west coast guys have voiced there displeasure on the location,and i can see their point.To tell you the truth though if this "national" thing is going to happen somebody is going to have to "give" a little as far as drive time is concerned.I have spoken to another member who has his "foot in the door"at race tracks and clubs and he has mentioned watkins glen N.Y. as a possible gathering place,it is located in western upstate ny,so it is more "central"than ct.And to tell you the truth that is the furthest I would go........For the east coast guys:I don't want to give up the lime rock park gathering thing for this coming memorial weekend.It is a 3 day "speedweek" there and we could get in on a club fee,although we won't be able to "race" on the track we would be able to "parade our cars" in between the racing action on the track.I was there last year and a NSX and s2000 gatherings were there.lets be there this year:D

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I think it would be cool. It would be nice if we rented out a road course as well as a dragstrip for the 3/s community. I am not sure if there are both available close to each other, but it's an idea I'm throwing out there. That would be a lot of fun!

·
2,994 Posts
I had always thought that OC geathering was The Geathering of the year. It is the largest, with great timing and location. Why not make that the national one?

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
Because for some of us it's halfway across the country, and for others of us it's clear across the other side of the bloody continent.

Draw a circle around Ocean City of how far people are willing to drive, and you'll see that half of that circle is in the Atlantic Ocean, where there aren't too many 3S owners.

·
Native
3,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heartland park in Topeka has a Strip and a road course.

Judging by the response of people I doubt this will happen. Many people say it's a great idea, but not all of them voice support and say that they can get things done.

I'll try and keep this thing a live for a while longer though.

·
Registered
557 Posts
don't give up,check out countachs post on watkins glen next year.

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
C'mon now guys, we all know everything is bigger in Texas. That's why we should have the National Gathering here. ;) J/k. I would love to go to a National Gathering if we could get most of the 3si'ers from this message board to go. To do this it will have to be scheduled a long time in advanced. When do you guys think this will realistically happen? I am getting my car back from the shop either late today or tomorrow, I am already excited about that (haven't had it in over 2 months). I am even more excited about this National Gathering Idea. Keep us posted.

-Andy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts