Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m curious what completely goes into trying to swap out my current engine with a TT engine. Found a JDM TT engine with the 6 speed getrag attached, ECU, harness, and turbos and was wondering how hard it would be to swap it all into my 92 SL?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Stock DOHC Non Turbo engine can handle boost quite well, because of the higher compression, it will make a bit more power at X psi then the Turbo engine...It would be much more worth your while to just use what you have, and bolt on the stock turbos to it.

Invest in a Plug N Play chrome ECU and some High impedance injectors so then you don't have to even worry about changing the harness or wiring anything in. Just get a wideband and a datalogger and you'll be set,.

·
Registered
1992 3000GT SL
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock DOHC Non Turbo engine can handle boost quite well, because of the higher compression, it will make a bit more power at X psi then the Turbo engine...It would be much more worth your while to just use what you have, and bolt on the stock turbos to it.

Invest in a Plug N Play chrome ECU and some High impedance injectors so then you don't have to even worry about changing the harness or wiring anything in. Just get a wideband and a datalogger and you'll be set,.
But it can’t handle as much boost correct?

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
with the right tune behind it and right setup it will handle 20 psi within reason, which is more then enough to make some serious power.

Bigger Turbos Low Boost > Smaller Turbos high boost.

my NA TT VR-4 on 16T's at 18 PSI and 110 octane was taking modified 600cc crotchrockets to gapplebees from 40-140+mph and would spin all 4 wheels in 1st gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts