Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My egr tube connecting from the rear exhuast manifold to the intake manifold is loose. Instead of trying to fix it I am looking to plug the hole on the exhuast manifold. Does anyone know the measurements on the threaded side of the egr tube. I looked through the entire service manual and could not find anything. Also if anyone has any experience with this should I use a gasket + plug to seal it or should I weld the hole shut? Attached is a picture from the manual, the egr pipe is 8*2. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
10 Posts
Hey man I had the exact same question for my car…. Did you ever figure out what size that pipe thread is I’m wanting to pick up a bolt and washer to plug it too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey man I had the exact same question for my car…. Did you ever figure out what size that pipe thread is I’m wanting to pick up a bolt and washer to plug it too
No, I am going to take it out and measure it eventually but I havent had the time yet with my car being my daily driver. Once I figure it out I'll definitely post my findings

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think I actually figured it out I took my egr pipe off the exhaust manifold and took it to the hardware store today to buy a plug this is the one that fits for me with the same threads as far as I know.
C9F6DAE9-4521-4AC7-91F8-235C3F57B4F3.jpeg

401385E7-9EC8-41FA-AEA4-1C9B281633AD.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh sweet what are you using for a gasket along with the plug?
The fitting actually bottoms out into the exhaust manifold like a pressure fitting and since the plug I got doesn’t have a head on it I got it in the plumbing section with steel pipe fittings so I’m just gonna thread it in like the pipe was and let it bottom out since that’s how it was sealed from the factory should work the same realistically don’t need a gasket

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The fitting actually bottoms out into the exhaust manifold like a pressure fitting and since the plug I got doesn’t have a head on it I got it in the plumbing section with steel pipe fittings so I’m just gonna thread it in like the pipe was and let it bottom out since that’s how it was sealed from the factory should work the same realistically don’t need a gasket
Thank you for the help let me know how it goes after you install it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for the help let me know how it goes after you install it
Hey so that plug did not work at all for whatever reason the threads just didn’t match up sadly I didn’t think about it but the plug was coarse thread and the threading on the pipe is a fine thread so I took it to a special fittings, hoses, and lines shop and they had an actual plug that fit perfectly I forgot to get a picture but for sure you’re gonna have to go to a shop that specializes in like gas line fittings and fasteners because it’s a special plug and it is a metric thread as well so expect that too. By the way the special plug at the Hose shop cost me $14.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts