Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wed. this guy ever so slightly bumps me at a stop sign.Just this little scatch that will buff out so we went our separate ways.This morning a car tried to merge into my lane.I hit the brakes and a guy in a Escalade plowed into the back of me.The cop gets there and gets his story and ask me for mine.Conflicting stories?Mr.Escalade says I changed lanes and didn't give him room to stop.The cop actually said he didn't know who to fault.MY CAR WAS REARENDED totally from behind and this lying sack of shit has me wondering if some how IM going to be charged with the wreck.I already have the estimate of $950.00 the bumper cover is off and there is no damage other than just the cover.It shouldn't even be an issue.I never changed lanes and even if I did I was hit from behind what gives these days?

·
Registered
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Unbelievable!!!! I just couldn't leave that bumper cover alone.I will post pics. soon.It was totally deep creased and really scratched up.I took it off left it in the sun and let it warm up.I then used a rubber mallet to remove the crease and large dents.I used a body dolly and reshaped the flat spots and I buffed it out.I have got to get before and after pics.Other than 2 small paint chips and one very small flat spot it really is hard to tell it was ever hit at all.Urethane is really forgiving and I never would have thought I would of got these results.I still have to order the drivers side back-up light and it will be business as usuall.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
That sucks. Now get the report it is obviously his fault if he rearended you. If you have any witnesses then that will help.
Get the check for 950 dollars and use that to mod your car.
Sorry man things like these suck.

-Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts