Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Philip! I appreciated my experience, doing buisness with you! It was my first time with Supercar and like I told you I decided to buy from you because of your involvement with Stoptech to develop this kit for our plateform (I've read the 2004 thread) so it's kinda normal to encourage you back!

I appreciate people that answer back email/PM question. I know people are busy and must be submerge with emails/PM and it's hard to screen the serious buyer from the non-serious. But for me, it often make the difference from buying or not from a place.

That said, I'm really happy having gone with black calipers, it's more sleeper then RED, but still pretty aggressive.

Here is some pics of my BBK Stoptech black special ordered on my TT.

(I also upgraded my rear with OEM 2G calipers with DBA 4000 rotors).

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before the Stoptech :

·
Registered
948 Posts
Beautiful brake kit! If you don't mind me asking, What size rotors did you go with and how do you compensate for the larger braking force up front when upgrading only the front brakes with bigger rotors and calipers? Did SCE suggest you add an adjustable proportioning valve to keep from shifting brake bias to a larger degree up front?

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, no need, this is the beauty of the thing with Stochtech. Philip, in collaboration with the Stoptech guys worked out a kit that is balanced with our plateform. So no need to have a proportionnal valve!

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
great choice in brakes and wheels. i'm about to purchase some 5zigen gn+ rims myself. just curious, do your wheels stick past your fenders? also curious to know what rotor size you went with on the stop techs.

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wheels fits perfect!

I do not have a picture to show well, but here into another angle :

The rotors are 332mm (13''), the brake kit act as a 3mm spacer, so the front are pushed 3mm to the outside (didn't see the difference).

·
Ultra Member
4,294 Posts
What size GN+ wheels do you have? I am just curious since I have the 18x9.5 ones and they are slightly pass the fenders on the front and the back.

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here you go :

:)

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
On the note :

I had HPS with my stock system and didn't like them at all.

Now like I said I have bobcats with my Stoptech and really like them, but I could use something more aggresive with those tires, they are so good I can't barely lock up the wheels, I think I'll go with AX6 for the summer and keep the bobcats as winter pads!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Even with the stoptech's up front you are having trouble locking up the wheels?

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, I can, but I have to push hard! Those tires are pretty impressive, cornering is so much easy going now.

·
Stuff and Junk and Things
878 Posts
Looks like a nice kit. What did you have to do for upgrading your rear brakes with 2nd gen calipers and rotors? i have been wanting to do this for a while now. I have my stock wheels though. 17x8.5's

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like a nice kit. What did you have to do for upgrading your rear brakes with 2nd gen calipers and rotors? i have been wanting to do this for a while now. I have my stock wheels though. 17x8.5's
I have bought 2G rotors, 2G calipers, 2G pads, cut the back plate because the disk are bigger and won't fit and voilà!

Thanks Green-lantern!

Eric

·
3S Owner since '04
3,624 Posts
I got my StopTech BBK from Supercar Engineering too. It's a beautiful kit. I went with the standard red and the 355mm rotors. They're fricken giant!

They also bring my vr4 spyder to a standstill with a tap of the pedal faster than I can stop my coupe with stock calipers, slotted rotors and hawks by slamming the brakes. Highly recommended since they make our heavy cars stop almost like a go cart.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
got just the front kit both of you? or jba 3 do you have the rears too? i was thinking about getting all four..

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did a 2G conversion on the rear, new calipers, DBA 4000 sloted rotors, carbotech pads and Stoptech SS line.

Eric

·
3S Owner since '04
3,624 Posts
I just did the fronts. The majority of the braking seems to come from the front. If I ever have a chance to blow money like I used to, I'd certainly get the rears too. For now it's the stock 2g vr4 stuff, with SCE caliper bolts, and it worked fine.

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Of course it will work fine! The brake bias is perfect! I do not plan to upgrade the rear then when it is now, unless I would do RR very seriously.

Eric

1 - 20 of 53 Posts