Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive tried to turn the ignition on and off 7 times and that did not reset the computer, the light still stays on, If I unhook the battery what other things will go wrong? any other sugestions?.....thanks Mark

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry to give you tough news but when I bought my '92 VR4 in August I had the same thing. A visit to the dealer and approx $700 later a sensor and some of the wireing harness was replaced (Mitsu upgraded the connector and the new connector wouldn't fit the old harness).

Take it to the dealer in an accident the money would be well spent!

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
i don't know if you have your owners manual or not(most people don't); the manual says that if the light stays on for more than a few seconds there is some type of malfunction and it is time to take it to the dealer and have them look at it.
good luck,
kcalvanovr4

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not necessarily expensive. I had the same problem after a battery change. Even though the manual says you can reset with ten on/off cycles, a Mitsu mechanic told me that he has never seen that work. However, its a very quick reset through the computer by a mechanic. If SRS is merely tripped by a "Low Voltage Condition", then there's probably nothing wrong with the system, and you can have a dealership reset it for a minimal fee.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts