Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
lol, I gave you like 2-3 cars head start or so and by the top of first I was walking by you. ;) I didn't expect you to go when I said "Wanna runnem?" lol. Wish we had it on film. :D

btw, I had an exhaust leak, thats my excuse er story and I am sticking to it. :p

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
i don't know how many mods you guys have, but the sohc engines aren't really that slow down low. They should be almost able to hang through first gear...however after that its all over :p

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
"cant remember who said it, but 3,086 lbs and 164hp are not a recipe for success"

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
FireStormTT said:
i don't know how many mods you guys have, but the sohc engines aren't really that slow down low. They should be almost able to hang through first gear...however after that its all over :p
Yeah the low end torque is close.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cant remember who said it, but 3,086 lbs and 164hp are not a recipe for success"
It wasn't a real race, come on! I know my car doesn't have a chance, i cheated and got the jump on him and claimed bragging rights, that was all haha

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Ibceptor said:

It wasn't a real race, come on! I know my car doesn't have a chance, i cheated and got the jump on him and claimed bragging rights, that was all haha
Is your car auto or manual? I think a manual SOHC against an auto DOHC would be a great race.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is your car auto or manual? I think a manual SOHC against an auto DOHC would be a great race.
Both are auto's, see what I mean, could I be any slower with this combo haha VR4 next spring though, then it will be another story haha

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
HAHA...that is it Mitsusl, exhaust leak and 2-3 car lead or not, you have disgraced the DOHC's...hehe..DAMNIT :D

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
MitsuSL's car is pretty quick.

I don't remember if we went from a roll or from a stop but he was quick.

-Jeff

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
SamAlam said:

you mean none are auto. dont wanna confuse the guy more than he already is lol.
what he meant was that the DOHC n/a engine is the same DOHC turbo engine just minus the turbos and other minor stuff.

But each car was an auto in this race. All turbo cars are manual. Every other car came in auto and manual.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.