Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my 3000 GT. A few weeks ago my car was giving me some problems, I was driving down the road and I stopped at a red light and the damn car stalled on me. I tried to crank a few times and it wouldn't turn over and after a minute it started. I didn't know what the deal was but it seemed like it was running fine after that. I stopped at the video store and when I came out to start it again it wouldn't. well I let it sit for about 15 min. and it started right up and I drove it 50 feet and it stalled again, after that I said screw it and I left it in the parking lot. Aday later I put a fuel filter on it, which was a bitch, and the car ran fine after that. Well last night I was driving it and it started doing the same thing again. Someone suggested that I might have water in my gas so I got some water remover and it seemed to work. I drove about six miles and it started pulling the same thing. Right now the car is being towed to my mechanic and he's probly going to put it on the diognostic machine. Some of the things that me and some other people figured that it could be...A)a sensor of some sort. B)a feul pump. C)an O2 sensor??? One thing I did not mention was that I could let it sit for about 15 to 20 min and it would start again and then,go figure, it would stall again. But that's all the info I have on it. If you guys know anything please respond. Oh Yeah, it is also using more gas and is using alot of oil, like a quart and a half in a month and a half. Thanks alot and its a 91 SL.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Could be a number of things... idle motor, throttle position switch, o2 sensors, bad MAF sensor and hopefully not... the computer. A good diagnostic should find the fault. The problem you have with things like this is that the thing never wants to act up when you take it to get checked out until it dies for good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just talked to the mechanic and he let the car idle for about an hour and a half and id didn't shut off. Appearently you have to be driving it to get it to stall. Which sucks because the guy workin on it won't take for a drive cuz he's afraid it will stall down the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if this will matter since it's a totally different kind of car, but I had the same problem with my brother's car when I borrowed it(Toyota Camry). I had to put cheap-ass gas 'cause there was only 1 gas station around and I was on E. Anyway, it started stalling afterwards when I came to stops. It turned out to be the throttle body being dirty (gunk). The mechanic then asked my brother if he put cheap gas(oops, he-he). I'm assuming you only put good gas since we all do. But it might be something you'll want to check out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.