Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GAS MILEAGE! I drove it to FL and back this past weekend and got 29.4MPG and 575 miles on one tank of gas!

Oh, the rebuild is still pur'n like a kitten after 3000 miles :cool:

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
:eek: How did you get so much? The best I have gotten so far is 380 (how many mpg would that be?) The low warning light came on, so I got gas. What did you set your cruise at? j/w ;)

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
Mitsusl said:
:eek: How did you get so much? The best I have gotten so far is 380 (how many mpg would that be?) The low warning light came on, so I got gas. What did you set your cruise at? j/w ;)
You must have a heavy foot!! I average over 400 in my vr4!

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run a 13.4 in the vr4 but that was before the lastest mods were done. I have not been to the track yet, but I am expecting a 12.5-12.7.

the 29.4mpg was done at 80mph. I did not take the car over 3krpm's the entire time. 380 to a tank would be about 19mpg.

When my vr4 was stock I drove from FL to MI and got 29mpg at 2500rpms. Now I get about 300 miles per tank hehehe.

The SL overdrive is great. I can cruise at 100mph at 3200rpms, or 80mph at 2700rpms

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I get about 350-380 miles to a tank as well.. and yes I do have a heavy foot. :D
I seem to always floor it from stops just because that's how power mode is meant to be used.. damn autos :p
I tried ECO mode last week and tried to stay under about 3000RPMs to see how much longer my tank of gas would last... almost got me killed on the highway from not being able to accelerate fast enough when I needed it too :mad: so I said screw the gas mileage, flipped power mode back on, and off I went. Now I've got a new route into work so I don't have to deal with that crazy traffic on Hwy 401... 70 to 0 about 1000 times down a 20 mile stretch of that damn road. I had enough. Maybe one day I'll give Eco mode another try... :)

·
McStealthless
1,456 Posts
Something must be wrong...

with my car. I average only 300 miles to the tank. What do you think could cause such crappy mpg? I'm changing my plugs/wires on Friday (I think they're original), my car has 98k on it. Think it'll make THAT big of a difference?

BTW.... after the 3Si discount @ Tallahasse Mitsu for the plugs, wires, and plenum gasket my total was only $117 :) . If you guys ever need anything from there, ask for Jeremy.

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
I got 350mpg one time and still had 3.5 gallons left.

I do mostly city driving....stop-go-sto-go stuff. I do get pretty good gas mileage on longer trips though but I also drive sorta fast so that eats up the gas quickly.

-Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts