Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Slow, but my first official time slip. Clutch started slipping in second a bit. Just happy she didn't break lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Update:

Added coolant since it was never at warm full mark. Light hasn't come back on.

CEL is barometric pressure sensor. Still haven't changed maf as it runs fine, or so I think.

Did a bit of logging, wbo2 not pinned to ecu yet. Pulls timing because of knock in second gear. What's the solution at that point? Do I pull more timing in chrome or add fuel? I'm a complete n00b at tuning.

Gotta data log it and look at your AFR's......If you are at 11.5:1 AFR's and you show knock then the prudent thing to do would be to pull a couple degrees of timing out of the map and then make another pull with the logger recording and analyze the data afterward. as soon as you see knock you need to be getting out of the throttle. It'll help keep your engine healthy. Now if you see your AFR's are in the 12.0 - 12.5:1 area then that indicates you're running lean and yea, add fuel first and make another pull.....and again, analyze your data. On an ideal pull, you should have zero knock the entire pull and your AFR's should be in the 11.2 - 11.8:1 range at w.o.t. depending on the turbos your running and the amount of pressure you're pushing on that particular set of turbos as pressure ratio and flow vary from turbo set to turbo set..... hope that helps out.....

By the way 11.9 isn't that bad of a run.... I think that quantifies as a quick car by today's standards, just not a "fast" one. Anytime you can buy a 305hp Honda Civic that will indicate what the industry's idea of quick vs fast is ...... for the 90's getting a car into the 12's is "fast". If you take into account the 3000GT was aimed at the Ferrari 348TS/TB and look at their quarter mile time slips, you'd see they only mustered low 14's to high 13's. Even a Testarossa on ran in the 13.0 to 13.4 window....... That was fast then.........it's just now fast has been pushed from being 13's to 12's to 11's and now 10's...... for every 8 to 10yrs that went by, the definition of fast was redefined by a 1 second reduction in quarter mile times from the factory performance cars...... I bet if Mitsubishi made a 3000GT by todays standards it'd be a low 11 second car....

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Gotta data log it and look at your AFR's......If you are at 11.5:1 AFR's and you show knock then the prudent thing to do would be to pull a couple degrees of timing out of the map and then make another pull with the logger recording and analyze the data afterward. as soon as you see knock you need to be getting out of the throttle. It'll help keep your engine healthy. Now if you see your AFR's are in the 12.0 - 12.5:1 area then that indicates you're running lean and yea, add fuel first and make another pull.....and again, analyze your data. On an ideal pull, you should have zero knock the entire pull and your AFR's should be in the 11.2 - 11.8:1 range at w.o.t. depending on the turbos your running and the amount of pressure you're pushing on that particular set of turbos as pressure ratio and flow vary from turbo set to turbo set..... hope that helps out.....

By the way 11.9 isn't that bad of a run.... I think that quantifies as a quick car by today's standards, just not a "fast" one. Anytime you can buy a 305hp Honda Civic that will indicate what the industry's idea of quick vs fast is ...... for the 90's getting a car into the 12's is "fast". If you take into account the 3000GT was aimed at the Ferrari 348TS/TB and look at their quarter mile time slips, you'd see they only mustered low 14's to high 13's. Even a Testarossa on ran in the 13.0 to 13.4 window....... That was fast then.........it's just now fast has been pushed from being 13's to 12's to 11's and now 10's...... for every 8 to 10yrs that went by, the definition of fast was redefined by a 1 second reduction in quarter mile times from the factory performance cars...... I bet if Mitsubishi made a 3000GT by todays standards it'd be a low 11 second car....
The 11.9 was the other guy. I ran the 13.95.

My second run was 13.6, so going in the right direction

·
Registered
462 Posts
Right on, It was the first number I saw- Still no slower than stock. what's you set up currently?

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Right on, It was the first number I saw- Still no slower than stock. what's you set up currently?
15gs, 550cc, fmic, 3" exhaust, boost turned up in chrome to anywhere from 14-18 psi depending on weather. Not tuned yet, so running stock fuel maps, and a formerly 100% track virgin driver.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Then you got nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion. if you've not been on the track before let alone in an awd car which can be tricky to launch correctly, then you did really good.......especially considering the car isn't tuned........ when you get used to getting the car rolling out from a dig, them times are gonna fall like a rock. hopefully you have a better clutch than I do.....I'm still gonna have to address mine. Its a brand new stock unit, but I just went to 19T's because my rear mounted stock 9B shit the bed, and I know this clutch is gonna bail if I get overzealous on the new turbos.....can't wait to see how you progress!

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Then you got nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion. if you've not been on the track before let alone in an awd car which can be tricky to launch correctly, then you did really good.......especially considering the car isn't tuned........ when you get used to getting the car rolling out from a dig, them times are gonna fall like a rock. hopefully you have a better clutch than I do.....I'm still gonna have to address mine. Its a brand new stock unit, but I just went to 19T's because my rear mounted stock 9B shit the bed, and I know this clutch is gonna bail if I get overzealous on the new turbos.....can't wait to see how you progress!
Gonna save my pennies and get a good condition trans to refresh and put in with a new clutch before I do too much more racing. My luck if I go again the whole transaxle is gonna go F this I'm out. Heh

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Well, as life has a tendency to throw curve balls, I need the vr4 as my daily. Bunch of parts arrived today. . Get to learn how to do the clutch, coilovers, and change all my driveline fluids. Wooo!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
Old clutch was just a bit gone, eh?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

181 - 190 of 190 Posts