Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
og
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to post up the exact s-afc settings that seemed to be ideal for my car per the dyno testing:

2000: +3%
3000: +2%
4000: -2%
5000: -5%
5500: -7%
6000: -8%
6500: -10%
7000: -11%

these settings are for hi throttle at 50%; i have lo throttle set at 10% and no settings entered allowing stock fuel maps to run. hope this helps, safe travels.

- mike

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
anyone have exact s-afc settings for tt or vr4s

·
3,086 Posts
i should have been more specific..with similars mods as me

·
Registered
244 Posts
So is this with your 450cc injectors and new turbos?

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
you will be around -17% with your 450's. That is a good starting point. then go from there.

·
3,086 Posts
i dont have the dr500's or the 450's yet........soon .....my car is in the shop and its overboosting like hell....stuck wastegates most likely.....might use that as an excuse to buy new turbos....if they need to be taken out....hell buy new ones :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
So the S-AFC is more for tuning it is not like the ARC-2 or VPC, were it allows you to run bigger injectors?

·
Registered
47 Posts
afc

Excuce me but I thought that the main computer adjusts the air fuel ratios and the afc is just a piggyback to lie to the main computer about the air flow so that larger injectors could be utilized without reprogramming the main computer. I have 550 injectors and have put a setting of 20% and then 30% and my air/fuel ratio meter behaved the same as would be expected if the main cpu is adjusting the injector response to give a set air/fuel ratio throughout the rpm range. I think that adjusting the percentage in the afc for different rpms just modifies the tuning parameters of the main comuter a little when it tries to reach a set air/fuel ratio.

So to answer your question, the settings would depend on altitude, spark, and probably condition of injectors and fuel pump. So every car cannot have the same tuning. Glad your system is working.

I would also appreciate some feedback if someone knows that I am incorrect.
thanks
larry

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
The ECU adjusts the A/F ratio using the O2 sensor values when you are not at WOT. When you are at WOT it picks a fuel map and goes with it. The stock fuel maps will make you run WAY rich if you upgrade fuel injectors. This is where the AFC, ARC, and VPC come into play. They are all piggy back systems that fool the ECU into thinking something different. They modify the air flow signal to allow for more or less fuel. At low rpms you may have to change the settings as well since the stock O2 sensors aren't as accurate as they could be. Running rich will foul out plugs and could hurt performance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts