Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Color: Arrest Me Red
1,889 Posts
Re: My quest for a World Record and the Title "Strongest old Dude on the Planet"

Wow that is very impressive.

·
en**un**lightened
465 Posts
Re: My quest for a World Record and the Title "Strongest old Dude on the Planet"

Still going strong, I see. :)

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

Well the quest continues. Last year after pushing that 455 for 2 reps, I ended up hurting my shoulder. Yea now I know not to go heavy without following it with lots of rest and time. I was able through great pain to compete on June 1st and break the 242 lb 54-59 age World Record getting 442. It was a bitter sweet victory since the American record was 452. The reversal of when I got the American record @220lbs 50-54 age @440 and the World record was on 415. This past Saturday I fixed it by getting the American record also @457.5. I'll be 57 in a couple of weeks and continue to get stronger every year. Now I will try and get back below 220lbs and compete August 1 for that American record. Would love to get over 462. I think that would pretty much make me the "Stongest Old Dude On The Planet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5erjNT6MVJ8

·
General & A/V Moderator
7,249 Posts

Glad to see you still at it.

·
en**un**lightened
465 Posts

Well the quest continues. Last year after pushing that 455 for 2 reps, I ended up hurting my shoulder. Yea now I know not to go heavy without following it with lots of rest and time. I was able through great pain to compete on June 1st and break the 242 lb 54-59 age World Record getting 442. It was a bitter sweet victory since the American record was 452. The reversal of when I got the American record @220lbs 50-54 age @440 and the World record was on 415. This past Saturday I fixed it by getting the American record also @457.5. I'll be 57 in a couple of weeks and continue to get stronger every year. Now I will try and get back below 220lbs and compete August 1 for that American record. Would love to get over 462. I think that would pretty much make me the "Stongest Old Dude On The Planet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5erjNT6MVJ8
Super-glad for the update, Mike - been wondering for some time now what was going on in that area.

Frigging awesome lift, hats-off for that.

I'm gonna be 57 on 7/16. ;)

·
'96 VR4
3,291 Posts

Damm. Congrats, that's awesome. I know who to call the next time I need to R/R the transmission... and sounds like you could do it without even putting down your beer!

41 - 48 of 48 Posts