Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: My quest for a World Record and the Title "Strongest old Dude on the Planet"

Just got back from Metroflex. Love that gym. No AC broken bent water cooler, door want close on the bathroom and forget about a locker room. Big garage bay doors and fans. Tripping hazards everywhere. If your the kind of person who want's to blame some one else for droping a 200lb weight on your foot, do not enter. Screaming load music, if you need to scream, scream. If you need to throw down a 140lb dumbell because you just can't do any more throw it down. The place is scattered with equipment only strongmen competitors and mma guys ever use. Anyway, only went for 405 just to work on form and make sure I didn't injure myself. I've never got it 3 times before. 3 times pretty easy, the 4th he says he didn't help, but i"m not sure then one more for good measure. I feel ready.

·
I scare clowns
445 Posts
Re: My quest for a World Record and the Title "Strongest old Dude on the Planet"

Good luck Mike.

but be careful. Seriuosly.

n

·
Registered
542 Posts

no the Avatar is not me. That's Greg Valinteno biggest arms in the world. Kinda the biggest idiot too.

I was thinking about changing it to me though. lol
Yeah, society continued to stereotype weight lifters as "dumb bells" because of idiots like Valentino.

Been following this thread for some time. Every time I read one of your posts, I tell myself that I'm going to get back into it but then when I come home from work, I have to do things around the house, help the kids with their homework and by then, I'm too damn tired and lost all motivation. The hardest part of exercising is just getting started.

I've been able to exercise "hard" one day a week and that is mostly benching. Even though I'm not even close to my max I did when I was ~30, I'm not that far off and mentally, it does make you feel better, like you "haven't lost everything".

Your views on juice and testosterone are spot on. It's nice to read honest and open comments about that subject.

Good luck in your quest Mike, I'm positive you'll achieve it.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)

Can't believe I never updated this thing. The quest is till on and I guess I've earned the title "Arguable strongest old dude on the planet" and I have 2 world records. One in the ISA which means nothing and one in the SPF which is pretty good.

Last June 2011 I competed for the first time and got the APF RAW American Record of 440lbs for 220lb 50-54 class. I could only find were in that class only one other person had ever done it. The Russian. He now holds the world record of 451lbs. I hope to break it this year, though probably not in the APF. Yea I'm still tying to beat that Russian and take the arguable out.

I had to deal with some injuries after getting 445 pretty easy in the gym. Since I couldn't get the 460 I wanted, I decided to just weigh in over 220lbs and pick up the raw 242lb class Records. So far this year I got the APF American and SPF World @430lbs.

I have also started training in single ply shirt. If things go well I will compete for the first time in one. The WABDL record for my class is 551 and I can't find any federation where someone has benched more. So I want this World Record. I really wish it was a month or so away, I'm pretty sure I would be completely healed and stronger by then. Before I got hurt I had already done 550lbs in training.

·
99 VR4 | Cobalt SS/SC
411 Posts

That's just ridiculous. Keep it up man, and keep us updated!

·
Premium Member
209 Posts

Damn that's great, you were going for 420 and ended up getting 440. I don't know how much the weight cut would effect lbs. I cut 15 lbs for a wrestling tournament and ran out of steam after about 5 mins. Which didn't really happen at practice. It might not matter in these lifts. Just my thoughts you know more than I about this.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Damn that's great, you were going for 420 and ended up getting 440. I don't know how much the weight cut would effect lbs. I cut 15 lbs for a wrestling tournament and ran out of steam after about 5 mins. Which didn't really happen at practice. It might not matter in these lifts. Just my thoughts you know more than I about this.
Cutting weight is a pretty big deal. For the Europa (ISA meet) I wanted to see how much weight I could cut, because I was trying to learn how and thinking about how much work it would take to compete at 198lbs. I cut around 13lbs in 3 days. I felt terrible and was stupid weak. I got 418lbs which was enough for their record. Then tried 440 and wasn't even close. I still want to get down to 198 before next June for the APF meet. Would just look good to hold the American record for 198, 220 and 242.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts

Yeah my kettlebell complexes went from 88lbs. To 62lbs. My wife said I can never get that lean again "I looked sick" but I thought those muscles I had never seen looked great. I'm sure I cut to much to quick also. Just get a good plan worked out. Good luck

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,907 Posts

Bump! Anything new with this Mike? Also are you going to make NG this year? I'll bring the Dickel.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

Wow I haven't been on here in a long time and then to see this. I think I got a combined total this year of (6 records. 1 world, 2 national and 3 state record) I guess the biggest disappointment was 2 weeks before my last competition I pushed 450 and it was real easy. Cutting weight killed me and only got 430lb in the competition. At least I did it the aapf (drug tested) which is as far as I can find the most done drug tested. Currently though I'm fighting piriformis syndrome, causing sciatica. I'm hardly working out the pain is just too much. I was going to compete in April but if things don't change I'll just have to weight till I'm 55 in June and start all over in a new age group. Not sure about the NG. Sounds like a good tme. Maybe if I get my green car finished I guess I would have to.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,907 Posts

Yeah I’m not on here much but the subject of weight lifting came up at work and somebody told me recently that you set another record so I thought I’d check in and see what was up.

Get that car going and drag as many of the Texas crew as you can to NG so we can party for 5 days. lol

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

Well, no progress on the green car. But it's getting close to June and the quest continues. I will be competing May 31st. It will be the first time I've been able to compete in a meet that will allow me to get the WPC world record. That's the one I've been chasing and trying to beat the Russians. I'm a little heavier now and will compete in the 242lb class. World record is 440 for 55-59. The trainings been going good and last Tuesday I decided to see if I could get 450lbs. 430 felt so light I decided to go for 455. Let's just say I'm not far from the fulfilling this quest and being "THE STRONGEST OLD DUDE ON THE PLANET!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RFiXkjE-kU

·
Registered
3,190 Posts

Just pop a ton of a bombs and load up on test no probs lol

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

Just pop a ton of a bombs and load up on test no probs lol
I compete in both the drug tested and non drug tested. One of the main parts of the plan is to bench more than the Russian and do it drug free. I have the American drug tested record at 220lbs and 242lbs. (age 50-54) I have the regular record @220 as well. They can make better shirts and better drugs, but I figure if I can do it raw and drug free I can keep my name on the record for many years.

I may go for the single ply (shirt) record soon. It's currently 550lbs. Pretty sure I can get over 600 with a little training in it. I've done 550 before.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts

Yah but you can get certain ones that clear your system in time so it can't be traced lol :) bit good job keeping it drug free bro. I can't even bench that with a gram of test LOL

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

yea apparently drug tests aren't that hard to pass. Armstrong cough, cough. Last year, my last chance to beat the Russian, before changing age groups, a guy made me an offer that he said would probably get me close to 500lbs. I will admit that I thought about it. Then thought about and decided I wanted to know what I can do. If I did that I would always wonder. Looks like I'm going to get close to 500 anyway. I bench more every year so by 60 it should be easy. :)

21 - 40 of 48 Posts