Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
New wheels and tires from TireRack.com Enkei RPF1's in stock configuration. 15.75 lbs a rim.

That's over 50lbs of rotating mass reduction! From my understanding, that should be equivalent to a 20whp gain across the board!

Stay tuned for more weight savings mods... and suspension. February 2020

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,003 Posts
Looks good! Are those Hankook H457's? I understand the 4S weather over there, but I am surprised you did not at least go for the K120.

What else is left on your to-do list?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
It is my daily driver. All seasons on an AWD heavy car = grip in snow/rain

Next is:
BC coilovers (-25lbs)
Volk Metal Craft rear adjustable arms
Poly swaybar and diff bushings
OEM tie-rod ends
Possibly an eBay catback (-30lbs)
and a bunch of powdercoated stuff under the hood (Candy Red and Chrome)

·
Registered
716 Posts
I agree with the all seasons, no reason not to run them really. Traction is never really an issue with these cars (unless you are at high hp). Id rather sacrifice some summer performance for rain/snow performance.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I agree with the all seasons, no reason not to run them really. Traction is never really an issue with these cars (unless you are at high hp). Id rather sacrifice some summer performance for rain/snow performance.
Plenty of reason not to run all seasons. They arent as good as summers in the dry/wet (even to pretty low temps) nor as good as winters in the snow. That is why I run a dedicated wheel/tire combo for summer and winter (I live in the foothills of Colorado just west of Denver and the VR4 gets driven year round).

·
Registered
716 Posts
Plenty of reason not to run all seasons. They arent as good as summers in the dry/wet (even to pretty low temps) nor as good as winters in the snow. That is why I run a dedicated wheel/tire combo for summer and winter (I live in the foothills of Colorado just west of Denver and the VR4 gets driven year round).
Well, to each their own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I appreciate all the documentation of your trials in the thread so far. Doubt I'll keep the same pace that you have had but hoping to sort out some mild bugs and preventative maintenance in my bone stock 95 VR4 that I acquired in August. Consuming information like this distracts me slightly from the fact that it'll be another few months before I can even get it out of storage

181 - 189 of 189 Posts