Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
as posted in your twin thread

suc-mutherfuckin-sess! starts like butta! turbos are oiled!

running pig rich and stinks! still has old tune(arc2 piggy) from td05's and now with my arc i adjust the knobs and nothing. used to be any adjustment would make the arm lights go up or down but now nothing. could it be because of the fact im now blow thru? ill be redoing all my gauges tommorrow and when my turbo's oil filter get here(been waiting for weeks) i can drive it. so im still waiting for the last part!
Doesn't take but minutes for richness on a brand new build to wash down the walls and cause the rings to never seat. You need to correct that ASAP before it runs again. I would change the oil also.

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
its always the simple things. i had just unpopped my ecu to rewire for stock maf and injectors and my little voilet wire had been seperated from its its connection due to a crappy fitment and so i crimped it to keep it from ever seperating again. just so happens that the little purple wire was for flow, pretty important.

now she(devilena), held a perfect 14.7 all thru the rpms and is ready for buisness. i will prob go back to blo thru later after the break-in and see if i like it as it looks better. thanks to all who offed help! i love 3si.org!

·
Registered
945 Posts
its always the simple things. i had just unpopped my ecu to rewire for stock maf and injectors and my little voilet wire had been seperated from its its connection due to a crappy fitment and so i crimped it to keep it from ever seperating again. just so happens that the little purple wire was for flow, pretty important.

now she(devilena), held a perfect 14.7 all thru the rpms and is ready for buisness. i will prob go back to blo thru later after the break-in and see if i like it as it looks better. thanks to all who offed help! i love 3si.org!
Glad to hear you got it running and its healthy! Now break it in and have some fun :icon23:

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
well heres what youve all been waiting for, results! 2k miles and ive got her tuned for low boost 10-14lbs and this has made me very happy. the spool time on the tripple bb's is comparable to a dr500's spool. the pull even at this low boost is like the difference from dr-500's to td05's all over again. ill post a vid when it stops raining(10 days in a row so far) of what a passenger would see. my guess is im running about 600-650awhp at this boost with the ability to crank it up to about 800awhp when the 650 feels slow. right now i can pick a place in traffic as far as i can see and with a little gas im allready there. this car could easily get someone killed if they werent paying attention. im mixing gas to get 97 octane and will be turning up the boost a little at a time. im 90% sure this will be the final build for this car and should keep me happy for many years. i cant decide wich gear is my fav but today its 4th. i can be right behind someone slowly move over and punch it. feels like a boat going up on step and in seconds the car i was just next to is nowhere to be seen. she goes from 65 to 120 in the blink of an eye!

its nice to be king of all i can see! im starting to get hungry, mr zr1 im lookin for YOU!

·
One fix at a time
8,002 Posts
well heres what youve all been waiting for, results! 2k miles and ive got her tuned for low boost 10-14lbs and this has made me very happy. the spool time on the tripple bb's is comparable to a dr500's spool. the pull even at this low boost is like the difference from dr-500's to td05's all over again. ill post a vid when it stops raining(10 days in a row so far) of what a passenger would see. my guess is im running about 600-650awhp at this boost with the ability to crank it up to about 800awhp when the 650 feels slow. right now i can pick a place in traffic as far as i can see and with a little gas im allready there. this car could easily get someone killed if they werent paying attention. im mixing gas to get 97 octane and will be turning up the boost a little at a time. im 90% sure this will be the final build for this car and should keep me happy for many years. i cant decide wich gear is my fav but today its 4th. i can be right behind someone slowly move over and punch it. feels like a boat going up on step and in seconds the car i was just next to is nowhere to be seen. she goes from 65 to 120 in the blink of an eye!

its nice to be king of all i can see! im starting to get hungry, mr zr1 im lookin for YOU!
Haha sounds like a blast. I'm hoping mine will feel the same because I'm curious how they'll spool more than likely nearly the same as DR-1200s.

I don't doubt that you're making some good power but I think 600AWHP is stretching it quite a bit. Your terminators have a 50mm compressor. They're smaller than the 58mm compressor wheel in my PTE turbos and smaller than the 57mm compressor wheel in the DR-1200s if I'm not mistaken. I know for a fact you won't make more power/psi down low than the DR-1200s. You'd have to get the 3SX Dominators to be more on par with them.

I'm expecting to hit around 500-525AWHP at 15 psi wastegate with my turbos. Ray made 740AWHP at 20 psi with his turbos but they're HUGE- 62mm compressor and 62mm turbine not a 50mm turbo. I'm not trying to bash you but I don't want you to think you're making more power at 10-14 psi than you really are. I have no doubt that the Terminators will make 850+AWHP.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts

It's great you are loving the new setup.

From my experience, even with this actual engine setup, I would say at 10-14 psi you are no where near 600-650AWHP. Sorry. But you are closer to 500AWHP tops at 14psi. And that is stretching it unless you are on an AEM and spent a good amount of time on a dyno.

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
It's great you are loving the new setup.

From my experience, even with this actual engine setup, I would say at 10-14 psi you are no where near 600-650AWHP. Sorry. But you are closer to 500AWHP tops at 14psi. And that is stretching it unless you are on an AEM and spent a good amount of time on a dyno.

-Chris
she pulls alot harder than my td05's at 20lbs! guess im getting old cause she's an insane car and ive still got more boost to try, and race gas.

·
One fix at a time
8,002 Posts
she pulls alot harder than my td05's at 20lbs! guess im getting old cause she's an insane car and ive still got more boost to try, and race gas.
Maybe it feels like it pulls harder because the area under the curve is larger and the power is more linear instead of like an on/off switch at 4k RPMs with the EVO3s.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
what td05s would these be comparable to?
They are about the size of a 50 Trim (5027) with a .48 AR.

So I know exactly what they will put out at 10-14psi. Even on a 3.3-3.4L stroker. And that is about 450-500AWHP tops.

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
They are about the size of a 50 Trim (5027) with a .48 AR.

So I know exactly what they will put out at 10-14psi. Even on a 3.3-3.4L stroker. And that is about 450-500AWHP tops.

-Chris
its enough to kill the new turbo though! 2 k miles my rear is now a smoker and she smokes like a fucking banshi! im kinda pissed and will be tearing it and sending it in to figure out what happened but i wasnt doing anything crazy or id expect it with my recent luck. was running great then next day smoke when the boost hits, tons of white smoke!:mad:

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
its enough to kill the new turbo though! 2 k miles my rear is now a smoker and she smokes like a fucking banshi! im kinda pissed and will be tearing it and sending it in to figure out what happened but i wasnt doing anything crazy or id expect it with my recent luck. was running great then next day smoke when the boost hits, tons of white smoke!:mad:
Maybe the continual cranking during the initial engine start without having he oil prime? maybe the return isn't as down hill and or un kinked as it needs to be?

Without seeing it in person I can't tell ya. But I feel your pain :(

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Maybe the continual cranking during the initial engine start without having he oil prime? maybe the return isn't as down hill and or un kinked as it needs to be?

Without seeing it in person I can't tell ya. But I feel your pain :(

-Chris
thanks chris, hope your lip is feeling better! i did add about a tbl spoon of oil thru each turbo intake hole before cranking it and since i didnt actually start her up before i was sure the turbos were getting thier oil. didnt drive it ill i put in the turbos filters believe me when i say i took my time and was real careful with the recent money invested.

turbo is off, i expected to see the hot side full of oil but it looks great, i know, weird. the drain isnt plugged,kinked, p trapped,melted or anything abnormal except the gasket was leaking. must have been the source if the under hood smoke. BUT, the shaft is loose as a ive even seen(feels broken) and the fins have drag marks where it has started to touch the housings on the hot and comp side. it smells burnt so ill pull the front turbo to see if it needs sent in but the comp side has zero shaft play(whew!!!!!!), pretty bummed out and hope the turbos guys will be merciful as they are only 2k miles and installed correctly(like the last 4 sets ive done before them my dr500's x2,td05's, and a members td05's) and without any issues.

·
Laughfer
606 Posts
wow hope they repair that turbo with no charge... as i orderd a set not yet installed.. maybe ill wait and see.. if they don't do anything for you.. ill return my set and go with some DR.. pretty sure i didn't pay $3000 for set of turbos that self destruct at 2k and im pretty sure cranking speeds shouldn't hurt a ball bearing turbo...

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 · (Edited)
yeh, i want happy pulling them off in 2 k miles but it was only 3.5 hrs to get them out. pulled the front turbo and it looks great. no shaft play and perfectly clean inside. the rear had oily residue on the compressure side fins. ive also had a little oil in the ic pipes and have deducted that if the oil went out the hot side, it was a small enough amount that it all burned up and left no trace(guess, as theres no oil to see). so the oil went out of the rear turbo thru the comp side. im more inclined to believe the turbo was sick from the beginning as the oil in the ic pipes was there from the beginning and my maf went haywire from all the oil(cleaned with crc maf cleaner and back in buis). my intake system is coated in oily/dirty residue and its never been this dirty with any of my builds with high miles. time to get a solvent tank.

reguardless, im under the impression i will be taken care of with as minimal cost to me. i thought about the dr rout but id need diff headers,dumppies,downpipe, ect... an extra $3500 please. i might add t3/t4 hotsides and dr headers some day but for now this works geat for my needs. i also liked the fact these are ceramic ball bearings and ceramic doesnt expand like metal when heated.

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
very small fee and its in the mail ready to be reinstalled. great product and customer service from the manufacturer and 3sx!

they say it was oil starved hence the burned smell. ill replace all oil lines as a precaution as i want to run this car for 10k miles without any issues. got alot in this build and want some miles.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts