Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
Your return line for the turbo needs to be sloped downward into the oil pan or else it will back up into the turbo.

If its not then you could you a scavenging pump and pump it back into the pan.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
magnacore 10.mm from 3sx and theve been awsome. i have a set of stockers if need be. why should i change them? is there something im MISSING cause my engines not,;)?
They suck. I have seen it time and again. I haven't been able to dyno a car over 20psi without having to change them out. Accel, MSD, or OEM always fix it.

Just letting you know.

-Chris

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Your return line for the turbo needs to be sloped downward into the oil pan or else it will back up into the turbo.

If its not then you could you a scavenging pump and pump it back into the pan.
Good catch, that oil return in the pic (front turbo) is NOT sloped as it should be. Or the pic at least looks bad. It needs to run down hill from turbo to pan. If it don't the turbo will blow oil.

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
yes its a long return line. yes it has a grade all the way to the pan. took more pics but card wasnt in camera,oops. the lines that came with the kit were too short and i had to make new return lines for the new turbos to fit. front is wierd looking but i know its has to drain and the oil these turbos use is minimal.

·
One fix at a time
8,002 Posts
I moved my front oil return lower in the oil pan for my 5857s since that's what you have to do with DR's T3 turbo kit. I'm sure that's what you did too for the large turbos but that made sure I had the line running downhill the whole time.

·
Premium Member
4,558 Posts
I moved my front oil return lower in the oil pan for my 5857s since that's what you have to do with DR's T3 turbo kit. I'm sure that's what you did too for the large turbos but that made sure I had the line running downhill the whole time.
Yea I welded a new fitting about 3/4" above the weld on the pan for the sump. Its about 1.5" lower than it used to be. Im still worried about it but I guess we will see how it does.

·
One fix at a time
8,002 Posts
Yea I welded a new fitting about 3/4" above the weld on the pan for the sump. Its about 1.5" lower than it used to be. Im still worried about it but I guess we will see how it does.
As long as it's above the baffle and the line still runs downhill the whole way you should be fine. If it was lower than the oil level it wouldn't drain properly but that's not the case.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Your coolant leak is the front Coolant block plug. Also make sure the rear is in while you are at it.

-Chris

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Here is what you are missing. And if the front is missing chances are the rear is as well.

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
thx chris, another delay, damn!

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
stole a plug from my 3sx pressure tester, no more leaky.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
What sealant did you use?

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
teflon tape. as per usual now im worried cause its allready been filled.

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
no oil pressure, build is fucked in some unknown way, wish i was dead!

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
no oil pressure, build is fucked in some unknown way, wish i was dead!
I think you were the person the parts dept was talking to when they asked me how to prime the engine and new turbos last on friday.

Very odd. Sorry to hear.

As I told them, make sure the spark plugs are out, battery is good and even put a charger on it. All those measures will ensure the engine is spinning as fast as it can.

When you say no pressure, are you not getting oil out of the rockers? If you are, pull the returns off the pan and let flow into a catch pan and see if you get anything. Then if not, pull feed lines and see if any oil is going to the feed lines.

Did you lube the pump? If not, remove it and pour a very thick assembly lube into it like Permatex. BG is too thin.

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I think you were the person the parts dept was talking to when they asked me how to prime the engine and new turbos last on friday.

Very odd. Sorry to hear.

As I told them, make sure the spark plugs are out, battery is good and even put a charger on it. All those measures will ensure the engine is spinning as fast as it can.

When you say no pressure, are you not getting oil out of the rockers? If you are, pull the returns off the pan and let flow into a catch pan and see if you get anything. Then if not, pull feed lines and see if any oil is going to the feed lines.

Did you lube the pump? If not, remove it and pour a very thick assembly lube into it like Permatex. BG is too thin.

-Chris
never heard pull the plugs. i know it helps crank easier but will it matter when it comes to oil pressure?

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
RPM=Pressure

As oil pump speed increases, flow increases, as flow increases with the same restrictions, pressure rises.

-Chris

·
Likes to eat cheeseburger
637 Posts
Thats what i was trying to say earlier jason. i know you were frustrated though.
i have always primed my engine with the plugs out. i can usually tell when the oil has gone through, all of a sudden while im cranking, rpm increases a bit.
also, i have always loaded my oil pump full of assembly lube too, i know that dry pump doesnt want to pull/push liquid so easily.

you could try a hand primer.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
You will hear the pitch of the engine changed when oil makes it thru.
Easiest is to watch the rockers thru the oil fill cap hole, that will show you that oil has made it to the heads.

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
suc-mutherfuckin-sess! starts like butta! turbos are oiled!

running pig rich and stinks! still has old tune(arc2 piggy) from td05's and now with my arc i adjust the knobs and nothing. used to be any adjustment would make the arm lights go up or down but now nothing. could it be because of the fact im now blow thru? ill be redoing all my gauges tommorrow and when my turbo's oil filter get here(been waiting for weeks) i can drive it. so im still waiting for the last part!

41 - 60 of 79 Posts