Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ok, fuck it, broken wrist or not i cant sit and look at this any more. works starts today putting this beast back together. ive got the bell housing brace welded in and cleaned every bolt with a wire brush and brake cleaner. approx 30 hours from now ill be in heaven again. any locals that are bored are welcome to stop in, j

·
Registered
143 Posts
You ready to start wrenching on this she-it? I was going to drive my vr4 over today but it's stuck in my lawn and won't budge. I shoveled around the wheels and it still won't move. Damn g-force tyres, they don't hook for shit when it's cold and icy. Looks like my gt won't be going anywhere for another week or so. :( Pro'lly just as well I'm not legal until April 1st.

When you get your car done your at least going to take it to the track once right? I'm thinking maybe late May early Jun for some test and tune at AK raceway park. Already planning things out with some friends. Should be (in my group) a couple of DSMs an EVO maybe a STI, a 'Cuda and a CBR600rr, and a couple of 3000gts.

How's your hand doing man?

Joe

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
hand is doing ok. i got the heads and cams/gears done yesterday. i deleted my abs and converted to real brakes today. i was tucking my fuse box but know she will see rain so i will not do a full tuck(for now). slow going but thats good, ive got to remmeber to slow down i only get 2 hands, lol.my dream was to repolish all my goodies but my hand is fuct and ive only got 12 days to get-r-done. tommorrow ill prob work on finding the missing piece of screwdriver i lost in the tranny getting the bell housing off, fun-stuff. if not ill get the engine finished except for the 1 header that needs wrapped(wrap in the mail).

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
hand is doing ok. i got the heads and cams/gears done yesterday. i deleted my abs and converted to real brakes today. i was tucking my fuse box but know she will see rain so i will not do a full tuck(for now). slow going but thats good, ive got to remmeber to slow down i only get 2 hands, lol.my dream was to repolish all my goodies but my hand is fuct and ive only got 12 days to get-r-done. tommorrow ill prob work on finding the missing piece of screwdriver i lost in the tranny getting the bell housing off, fun-stuff. if not ill get the engine finished except for the 1 header that needs wrapped(wrap in the mail).
DO NOT wrap the headers. That will only make them crack.

-Chris

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
from gods mouth to my ears;), thx, j

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
heres a pic of my new turbos next to some of my old ones: dr500,custom 50trim,16gtd05.

heres a pic of the exhaust side. it is bigger than the td05's hot side.

clocking and test fitting the turbos.

todays list: istall rear main seal and oil pan, rig my old oil drains to fit the new turbos that didnt come with any(been all over town but nobody has them). mount turbos and shes ready to drop in. flywheel, clutch, then tranny in if all goes well.

·
Registered
9,450 Posts
If looks ment anything

it sure looks like those things will lay down a fair amount more than the evo 3's did.

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
slow day, got the turbos/dumppipes mounted. wire tuck, wire tuck, and more wire tuck, with some vac line tucked as well. rigged the oil return lines on turbos. i cant put the pan on till i remove the engine from my stand but,i got new rear main seal ready to go.

tommorrow: oil pan, engine in, flywheel/clutch, tranny in, tc,axels,and framerails.

·
Registered
20 Posts
man that sounds absolutely nasty ive been wanting to do an awd tt stroker setup since after i got ripped off when i bought my stealth happy to find that someone is having such good luck with it keep it goin and good luck you should visit PA with it when its done

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sounds like a lot of good progress. I bet you're super excited. How come you can't put your oil pan on while its on the stand though?

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
almost done! i would have finished today but im waiting on inline oil filters that were suppossed to come with the new turbos but, now i have to wait cause they forgot them when the turbos came back in feb., bs! i could be driving it in hours but, now i have to wait for something that should have been here.

left to do: install plenum,ic pipes, replace and fill rad.,bleed brakes, and some vac lines, thats it! id bust my ass and finish today but theres no need as turbo guys forgot imortant item, not 3sx's fault! josh has been very helpful. was told they shipped but not in mail today(or tommorrow) kinda pissed but, what can i do?
heres proof how frustrated iam right now.

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
Looks good. Are those Magnecore wires? If so word of advice. Replace them. Trust me.

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Looks good. Are those Magnecore wires? If so word of advice. Replace them. Trust me.

-Chris
magnacore 10.mm from 3sx and theve been awsome. i have a set of stockers if need be. why should i change them? is there something im MISSING cause my engines not,;)?

·
Breaks everything
9,937 Posts

·
3s-less
1,507 Posts
magnacore 10.mm from 3sx and theve been awsome. i have a set of stockers if need be. why should i change them? is there something im MISSING cause my engines not,;)?
mine worked well for a while but started missing while on the dyno at 3sx.

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Gonna run a pump for the front oil return line?

:confused: i dont know what you mean.

oh oil, thought you said fuel. i have it at an angle all the way to the pan its not much but the amount of oil that these turbos use comes thru a hole the size a pin makes in paper, i cant imagine more than that trickling down the line.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts