Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE 3-5-10! TURBOS IN AND PICS UP!
woohoo! I finally get my own build thread. i just selected a set of turbos that i think will work perfect for my needs. i wanted the best power band for my new brain crower billit 6g74 crank stroker kit. the one from 3sx but the pistons say 3sx on the top.:D i didnt want to make the mistake of picking a turbo that would only be happy at the track.

ba-bam!
3sx is gonna get me a set of tripple CERAMIC, ball bearing, 50 trims with a td05 hot side(pics when they come in but, i had to post about them cause im so excited!). said to out flow the ones they used to sell that i think is whats on chris's car. chris, please correct me if im wrong about this, i know you would have anyway:D. anyway, paired with the stroker its gonna be a really fun car!

not gonna ever see a dyno(none in anchorage) but my guess is about 700awhp on pump at 19-20lbs. with the ability to put down approx 850awhp on race gas and higher boost. i wast interested in a high hp #, more like a super car with outragous power thru the band. total guess but heres my mod list:

power/preformance adders:
3sx tdo5 kit with ss headers,evo III,16g turbos,ss dumppipes,ss downpipe,tial external wastegates(1.0bar spring,leaded gas),dei header wrap,high flow fuel filter,bigger fuel lines,fuel rail adapter,fuel lab fuel pressure regulator with guage. denso fuel pump hotwired(rdr method at the pump),kenne belle boost-a-pump,arc2 with big mas,2 arm(narrowband a/f)units,one per bank,k&n filter,720 denso injectors,rps cynergy segmented flywheel,spec stage 4+ clutch,dynamic racing stage 2 heads(ported polished, headlift fix by ray),ported polished lower intake,custom plenum with internal velocity stacks,huge fmic,ceramic coated fmic pipes 2&3 inch,e boost 2 ebc,j&s safeguard timing control box(individual cylinder knock control),prosport digital egt and a/f ratio guages,hand held halo hybrid datalogger,oil catch can,radiator breather tank,hks super seq. bov(recirculated),solid motor mounts,tc bracket,rear cusco rear strut bar,solid motor mounts,tc bracket,rear cusco strut bar,billet oil pump gears,stillen drilled rotors&pads,ss brake lines,caliper stiffening bolts,samco hoses,single shot cat back,no cats,magnacore 10.5mm silcone plug wires,2 step colder plugs,19 row oil cooler,a/c delete,cruise delete,power radiator,flexalite fans,3sx cam gears.

stock shit replaced since 2009:
oil pump,timing belt,tb tensioner,tb pully,tb hydrolic tensioner,tb covers,water pump,power steering pump, ps tensioner pully,ps belt,alternator,alt. belt,harmonic balancer, a shitload of bolts!
siebon carbon fiber hood(dvII),carbon fiber dash kit, carbon fiber shift boot and knob, carbon fiber e-brake and boot,cooligan cf bra,boss six spoke rims (black chrome),general tire eclaime ultra high preformance 245-40-18,compustar alarm/auto start,10" sub with 200w amp,custom robo's with ultra violet cffl halos.

still stock:
shocks,seats,deck,paint, its always been about the engine to me.;)

im guessing i deff need to upgrade the fuel pump(from denso to 2x walbro+lines) to turn the boost up over 20ish lbs. cams are also gonna get in before summer, but that should keep me happy till i get to it.

·
Quit while you're ahea
7,918 Posts
Sweet! Good luck with the build!

·
Boiler Up
2,322 Posts
Geez man. You don't play around...

If you don't mind my asking, how much do you have in that car? Seems like you have dropped some serious $$$ just in this new setup, not to mention the old.

·
Makin' moves like U-haul.
2,255 Posts
picsoritdidn'thappen.

·
Breaks everything
9,937 Posts
I hope you can keep your heads down, making that much power through a TD05 turbo could be problematic.

Good luck, its gonna be wicked when it all decides to work correctly!

Jason

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope you can keep your heads down, making that much power through a TD05 turbo could be problematic.

Good luck, its gonna be wicked when it all decides to work correctly!

Jason
allready went thru this and got the headlift fix done at rays shop. havent pushed a drop of coolant since i had them done. i use stock head bolts, torqued to 99ft lbs.

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Geez man. You don't play around...

If you don't mind my asking, how much do you have in that car? Seems like you have dropped some serious $$$ just in this new setup, not to mention the old.
got a shoebox FULL of reciepts. over 40k just in blown engines:eek:. it was a yearly thing for 4 years.

i know it seems like more but the stroker kit, gaskets, turbos, and labor(assemble short block, balance) will be about 11k total. all the rest of the labor is all me, so that knocks about 4k off the build.

pics when i get some parts to take to the engine builder. eta on turbos is feb 6th. block will be done by months end. should be in the car by mid march and april 1st will be awsome as thats when my seasonal tags let me drive her.

·
One fix at a time
8,002 Posts
I'm not really too sure you're going to see 700AWHP on 19-20 psi. I think it'll make a little less because you'd have to have 6262s to do that. The TD05 hotside is going to hurt top end flow some. Ray did have a conservative tune on his turbos so I guess it's possible your turbos might hit that power level at that boost but at least they'll clear that power level and then some. It sounds like 3SX is selling you some PTE billet turbos because they're triple ceramic ball bearing and they're the way to go. TD05 housings are available for them. It'll be interesting to see the results and I'm curious which ones you get.

·
Registered
9,450 Posts
More about the turbos

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got the car out of storage(snow bank). had all the dogs in the nieghborhood barking mad and even set off a car alarm on the next street over, god i love that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turbos are the big ballers from 3sx, terminators,ftw! basicly a 50trim. could have gone bigger but wanted maximum fun as oppossed to a good 1/4 mile time. should be here in 10 days.

will be checking the windage tray for clearance issues(stroker crank) in the am. engine parts are balanced and will start assembly tommorrow.

got a giddy feeling i just cant shake.

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In for pics and updates.
got an update:
heres the stroker crank(billet bc),rods and pistons before assembly. just balanaced and ready to go.

here we have the aftermath of the wedding cake i ran over at 80mph. not really its the powder from my fire ex that saved my car from burning to the ground!

in this pic we have the eye of the storm,the hump. now its all re-assembly, woohoo!

and one of my little bitch. she's always got her eye on me even when nappin.

pics of turbos will be soon. im as excited as pedobear at summercamp!:D

·
Registered
945 Posts

·
Ninja Performance
42,337 Posts
I'm not really too sure you're going to see 700AWHP on 19-20 psi. I think it'll make a little less because you'd have to have 6262s to do that. The TD05 hotside is going to hurt top end flow some. Ray did have a conservative tune on his turbos so I guess it's possible your turbos might hit that power level at that boost but at least they'll clear that power level and then some. It sounds like 3SX is selling you some PTE billet turbos because they're triple ceramic ball bearing and they're the way to go. TD05 housings are available for them. It'll be interesting to see the results and I'm curious which ones you get.
Nope. PTE no longer sells 50 trims nor the TD05 turbine housing.

-Chris

·
the 3S whisperer
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
turbo pics up! see first post!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts