Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after adding an intake to my Ford Probe, my check engine light came on all the time. I took it to the track figuring to run 17s and left with two high 18s and one 19. I have since returned my stock intake to my Probe and it is running great!! So here it my new project car...
1986 Cadillac Cimarron

·
Senior Member "Go Pig Go"
3,086 Posts
hmmm......ummm.....hmmmm.....its a caviler.....just different badging....hmmm....still....hmmm.....more power to ya dude.

·
Registered
606 Posts
looks like me and you are gonna have to get together and run our cadilacs sometime(meaning we're gonna need to set aside a good 1/2 hour or so for a 1/4 mile run). i've got a 85' eldorado... 250ci V8:rolleyes: 135hp in a 4000+lb car...ouch

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you would be surprised, it is a pretty quick car

I will hopefully get it to the track in the spring and see what it runs

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
unclesam099 said:

you have GOT to be kidding me....

please say that this is just a daily driver....

Actually no, my 1995 Probe SE is my daily driver.

·
Registered
949 Posts
thats...interesting. umm, mind if i ask why?

both those cars are relatively slow (no offense) but at least the probe looks nice. why would you mod that beast?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Antilles said:
thats...interesting. umm, mind if i ask why?

both those cars are relatively slow (no offense) but at least the probe looks nice. why would you mod that beast?

because first it is a V6 and the probe is only an I4. Second because i need a reliable daily driver, so the probe would be a bad idea to mod. Third, the caddy takes better to mods than the probe, i dunno why. Finally if i mess something up and the car stops running I will be out only a 86 cadillac cimarron, not a 95 Ford Probe SE.

·
3,086 Posts
if you wanted a cheap ride to mod you should have gotten an old turbo dodge omni....or a suziki swift gti......really damn cheap and easy to mod....not an old cimarron....plus...you can do simple mods on your SE and not worry about day to day driveability....less restictive intake....a cat-back exhaust....headers....simple mods and you can see some gain....hell look at some of us....we have absolute streeet monsters and we still drive them to work or school everyday.

oh and just because it has a v6 doesnt mean its fast....i would have to agree......the Cimmaron woudnt be my first choice...hell i wouldnt chose it at all......just because it has a v6 doesnt mean its gonna perform better than some I4 from the era....like i said i rather take an old turbo omni over it and i can make one run in the 12's ....check out this month GrassRoots motorsports....the 2001 challenge (cars cant cost more than $2001....thats including car cost...parts...labor) winner was a turbo omni and the damn thing hit mid 12's (12.69 @113 mph) Next year is the 2002 challenge...no more than $2002
if ya'll dont believe me go to a new stand that has it and buy it...its on page 45-50

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
as for a turbo omni are do you mean a shelby GLHS? Because I know those are almost impossible to find. I have the cimmaron so I see no purpose to get another car. Plus the omni and suzuki don't have leather seats among other wonderful features do they? :D

·
3,086 Posts
screw leather seats.....the damn thing is still ugly.....its like dating a ugly chick with a great personality.....its still an ugly chick

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well a turbo omni and suzuki swift don't look like the prom king and queen to me either. :rolleyes:

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
Toxic13 said:
me and you are gonna have to get together and run our cadilacs sometime...

(meaning we're gonna need to set aside a good 1/2 hour or so for a 1/4 mile run)

LMAO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts