Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, it's not exactly done yet... i still have to run the speaker wires under the box and get the fiberglass piece put over the amp. but it's all hooked up and it hits pretty hard. no more useless backseat, plenty of trunk space again, and still has room for a strut bar. tell me what you think. all compliments/insults are welcome.
-Danny

Attachments

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
Very nice....what are you gonna put over the amp?? just a plain peice of fiberglass???

·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WHOOPS, i meant to say PLEXIglass, not fiberglass. sorry. the sides of the amp rack still need to be covered with carpet, and i still need to paint the wood that you can see black. after that, the plexiglass just sits under the little bit of overhang on the carpet. it should look pretty clean when it's done. the pictures really don't do it justice though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
nice work on the custom cutting...I can imagine that took some time to get the angles right! I wanted to try something like that...but I don't have the skillz...and I was told by a friend that it would weigh to much. Any idea on what yours weighs?

·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
surprisingly, it doesn't really weigh THAT much, it just looks like it does. i made it insanely easy to remove as well, so it just pops out in about 2 minutes every time i head to the track. it's really my ideal setup. this is the old box that i had (except i had two 12" cutouts), and it weigh a little more. i needed my trunk back though, so i just went to the drawing board.

Attachments

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
the bad thing about it being easy and quick to remove is that if it ever gets broken into they cant get away with a lot more that way...Mine is bolted down to the same place that the seat back was attached to. When my car got broke into the only thing they got was my amp that was on the front of the box and was easy to remove......

·
Registered
434 Posts
1st. gotta love the triple posts.
2nd. Looks smooth from here. What about the amp overheating. Have you left some vents for the amp or are you going to install some 12v acc fan? Looks good so far. Good work.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Damn, looks nice. Those should pound pretty nice against the back of your head from right there:) But, that's the object:)

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts

This is the setup me and my friend Jay did in his 99 3000GT. Took us about 2 weeks to get it right. It's actually two different boxes....and the carpet wasn't split like that in the middle until he decided that he wanted to be able to take it out when he went to the track. (yes, those are 4 12" Alpine Type-R 1000 watt subs.)

Anyways, I really like your setup dood...nice and clean and fits so well. Love to see more pics when it's finished!

·
Registered
75 Posts
( ESC ) Damn!!! Looks awsome but must weight a ton... Do you have any problems with the rear wing/trunk vibrating. With My JL's they shake the SH#% out of them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
(browniesfl) Nice Work! I have a JBL 600mono amp also, in my jeep and it really dosn't get very hot. But it can't help to put a fan on it or vent it well. I think you ought to flip the amp around cause the JBL is upside down and should be the same as AudioBan when you look at it from the front seats. I know that the amp lights up in orange but are you going to put some neons on it too? I think the neon sub rings would look cool too. Just my opinion!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
think you could post some diagrams for it :)

this is just the thing i wanted to build to replace my current trunk sub box.

~matt

1 - 20 of 41 Posts