Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raced a VW Jetta (dont know what yr., not new one) from a 50mph roll to 100mph. He gunned it 1st, and it picked up pretty fast but then I gunned it... .

I killed him instantly, slowly moving through the powerband putting more carlengths on him! We did it 2x times and the same result each time. Too bad we raced on a bumpy hill. Killed my "ass" and my struts.

Just wanted to share w/ my fellow N/A brothers!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Too bad it wasn't a GTI or a 1.8T, then he would have given you a better race. My buddies girl has a 1.8 jetta, it is really slow. Good kill though:)

·
Proud 3000GT Driver
3,221 Posts
nice kill....

i'm supposed to race this kid w/ a stock vw jetta gti soon. i think it's a 97 or something...he thinks he's gonna kill me, i'm assuming i'm gonna win by a fair amount, especially since he just got the car.

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts
puffe516 said:
Raced a VW Jetta (dont know what yr., not new one) from a 50mph roll to 100mph. He gunned it 1st, and it picked up pretty fast but then I gunned it... .

I killed him instantly, slowly moving through the powerband putting more carlengths on him! We did it 2x times and the same result each time. Too bad we raced on a bumpy hill. Killed my "ass" and my struts.

Just wanted to share w/ my fellow N/A brothers!
when was this? where did it happen? ;) :D

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: My N/A vs. Jetta (short story(

2FAST4U said:
when was this? where did it happen? ;) :D
It was Black Fri. night on some bumpy road..dont know the name of the road (south jersey)

Mitsusl- LOL ....i dont go looking for races..i just race whenever someone comes along...usually cars like civics, integ's, jetta's are common around here...sometimes muscle cars

what kinda of cars have you killed w/ ur new mods?

·
Proud 3000GT Driver
3,221 Posts
well guess what...just got back from driving my car around lookin for a bit of fun...gues what i ran into :D

i don't know VWs very well, but it was a new looking 1.8T GTI...

pulled up next to me, and i didn't expect any race, but he dropped it and took off. he slowed down, and i came up next to him and we both dropped it at the same time...i was at about 65mph in 5th, dropped to 3rd and drove it til redline, but i was coming up to a car in front of me, so i let off...he was totally even w/ me the WHOLE time!!!

i talked to him afterwards, and he said it was stock. i had to get back home, so i didn't ask him what year or anything else more specific. i was very suprised...thought it was funny though, since i jsut posted on this thread...

and also, as an edit, my friend does NOT have a GTI, he has a VR6. i told ya i didn't know VWs... :rolleyes:

·
davey magic!!
6,870 Posts
yo the new gti's are no joke 180 hp (i think) stock i raced my buddy in his 2001 gti 1.8t and all he had was a boost controller and he trashed me from a roll and a stop. all i had was an intake and a shitty cat back exaust. i can't wait to get my lsd and new tranny when i do it's all over for his ass.:D

·
Cops Love Me
1,395 Posts
I raced a Jetta with my ES earlier this year.

I instantly put about 3 car lengths on him, I took it up to about 100 from 30 and he was way back there. The most expensive race so far though. I ended up getting a ticket for it for about $150, then traffic school. Lucky for me the cop just put down speeding.

To this day everytime i see the kid in the jetta, he laughs at me... fucker... the one time i wished i had a slower car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts