Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened a while back, and I wanted to ask you guys a couple quesitons. Ok, story first:

A while back i got in a race with a kid (~20y/o) in, what looked to me, like an old Porsche 911. We got on it a couple times across the 3mile bridge here in Northwest, FL. It was back and fourth, really awesome race. The only time we actually got to line up beside each other, we were going ~40, and i revved to 4k in 2nd and took off like crazy. I was pulling maybe 1' every 3 or so seconds, so I was just slowly walking away from him. That only lasted for about 10 seconds before we hit traffic.

Now, for my questions:
1. What kind of porsche could my N/A 3000GT (93, intake/exhaust) possibly beat that looks like a convertible 911?

2. One time, when he hammered it, I was behind him, and something SHOT out of his tailpipe. Swear to god, you can't make this kind of stuff up. It was light brown, and it really looked like a huge clump of red-clay/dirt. I was wondering if maybe it was his catalyic convertor? I tried to tell him, but he was driving like a maniac, and I couldn't get next to him in traffic.

.jon

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
Nice kill, i think 40 mph is the best place to race from a roll in my R/T. It puts the rpms right around 4000 in second gear and the car gets up and goes like crazy. Anyway i'm not sure about the 911...sure it wasn't a cabrio??? :D j/k

1 - 2 of 2 Posts