Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well picked my car up this evening after a week for a clutch and flywheel install....The service dept was closed so I didn't get to talk to anyone....One the way home the car stalled about 10 times when the car was out of gear and at stop lights....SO tomorrow the battle begins....I'll fill you in

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
your flywheel is a fidenza, right? if so, you might want to use the search and check out some other posts. others have reported similar experiences when coming to a stop. (rpms drop quicker because of less rotating mass)

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
*Especially* if the battery was out - your car is still relearning idle. Wait until you know what's up before reaming the mechanic.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Reasearch, my man, research. Don't throw shit on your car until you know what the repercussions are.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did do the research and asked a bunch of guys what to expect....they all replied back that the car will rev faster and that is all that was mentioned....I am not that worried about the stalling, because I know the car needs to relearn everything....But the pedal pressure is what I am worried about....

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
You didn't mention pedal pressure in your original post. Is it too much? Too little?

A stronger clutch = more pedal effort no matter what brand.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry about that the pedal pressure just isn't there....its like nothing at all....ANyway, I just picked up the car and it is fine....they had to bleed the hydraulic system, and that caused the minimal pressure....the car hasn't stalled yet, and I am taking this week to have the computer relearn the settings....ANd I did take it easy when I went in to talk to the guys....they have always done me good so I gave them a break, it was just a shock when I picked up my baby at first....

I hadn't driven her for over a week and I just didn't think about it too much, you must know how it feels....ANyway, all is better now and I should definitely hit 12's by next week....thanks

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
Well that worries me some because they shouldn't have done anything to the hydraulic part - the slave cylinder, etc. None of that is disconnected when doing a clutch swap.

Unless, this problem was there before and was only noticed after a new clutch went in...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know why they had to bleed the system, but the pedal pressure is much better....The pressure b4 was very good...so I don't know what the problem was...Took it out for a 50 mile drive to try and break it in a bit....Later

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
furball said:
sorry about that the pedal pressure just isn't there....its like nothing at all....ANyway, I just picked up the car and it is fine....they had to bleed the hydraulic system, and that caused the minimal pressure....the car hasn't stalled yet, and I am taking this week to have the computer relearn the settings....ANd I did take it easy when I went in to talk to the guys....they have always done me good so I gave them a break, it was just a shock when I picked up my baby at first....

I hadn't driven her for over a week and I just didn't think about it too much, you must know how it feels....ANyway, all is better now and I should definitely hit 12's by next week....thanks
I don't know what kind of a clutch you got put in, but most need 1000 mile break-in's, or you may be buying another one in the near future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts