Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Refer to http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97959&highlight=steering for past steering issue...

Well just as i think everything is fine and dandy... the 3.14 degree of error that was in my steering was fixed... I walk out to my car to notice this bullshit...

My brand new $200 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's are worn all the way down on the frekin sides! Apparently they fixed the problem with the tires facing opposite directions... but they fucked the camber up nasty style...

Now here is the problem... If this work was done by any other business... I'd have their asses buying me a new set of tires... The thing is, my girlfriend's stepfather at his shop did the work.... I've been with my girl now for 3 months, and its the best relationship I've ever known.. and im just now getting cool with her parents...

I have no frekin clue what i should do about this right now... any thoughts?

Tire #1 - (Front Right, Even the Frekin middle runner is worn! :eek: , Where the backside of the tire remains fine..)

Attachments

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back rear tire... (to give you an idea of how new these are and how much tread they should have on em...)

Attachments

·
1,568 Posts
im just now getting cool with her parents...
My suggestion is to go over to the girlfriend's Dad's shop and ask him to look at your car and innocently ask why the tires appear to be mounted wrong and if he would know why the tires had worn down? Be polite and don't be confrontational. If he is an honest business man he will accept responsibility and you should come to an agreement on what is fair to correct. If not then you have learned a valuable lesson about someone if you ever consider thinking about them as Inlaws!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
to be honest with you.....if her father is a true business man then he will understand that business is business. Your personal relationship with his daughter is outside of the scope of your repair, unless of course this repair was made as a favor since you are dating his daughter.

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iceccool2 said:
to be honest with you.....if her father is a true business man then he will understand that business is business. Your personal relationship with his daughter is outside of the scope of your repair, unless of course this repair was made as a favor since you are dating his daughter.
Favor.. :(

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Well that makes it a little difficult then. He still should replace the tires if the problem was caused by him, but at the same time can you prove they weren't already worn?? I would say, cut your losses and just buy new tires. I'm assuming you got a good deal on the work and that should cover some of the cost of new tires if not all of it. Call it a wash and move on. It sucks, but it's the easiest route.

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess thats how its gunna have to go...

Just dawned upon me that Im gunna get an earful when my dad gets home... since he helped pay for the tires... ohh well.. shit happens..

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tires cant be older than 5 months.... maybe 10k miles on em..

Basically new tires...

Only thing i got on em is road hazard.. but dont think this will be covered....

although i can be an ass and run over nails and only hit the front 2 tires... :D

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I'm gonna go ahead and say that karma will get you in the end for that one........assuming you have 225/55 16's on your car......

at tirerack.com....Pilot Sports are $178 each (ouch) I would go with Potenza RE730s (~$150 each) or g-force T/A KDWs ($111) each.

·
Spooling.......
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well... i bit the bullet on this one...

Got the car re-aligned and a new set of Pilot Sport A/S slapped onto my car....

I now know why the car ate tires so fast...

*clears voice*

Camber: Front Left
Mitsubishi Spec: Specified: -0.5 degree Range: 0.5 degree
Actual Spec of when Car Went In: -0.1 degree
Final Spec: 0 degree

Camber: Front Right
Mitsubishi Spec:Specified: -0.5 degree Range: 0.5 degree
Actual Spec of when Car Went In: -0.5 degree
Final Spec: -0.4 degree

Caster: Front Left
Mitsubishi Spec: Specified: 3.4 degree Range: 4.4 degreee
Actual Spec of when Car Went In: 3.9 degree
Final Spec: 3.9 degree

Caster: Front Right
Mitsubishi Spec:Specified: 3.4 degree Range: 4.4 degreee
Actual Spec of when Car Went In: 4.1 degree
Final Spec: 4.1 degree

Toe: Front Left
Mitsubishi Spec:Specified: -0.12 degree Range: 0.12 degree
Actual Spec of when Car Went In: 0.80
Final Spec: 0.01 degree

Toe: Front Right
Mitsubishi Spec:Specified: -0.12 degree Range: 0.12 degree
Actual Spec of when Car Went In: 0.79
Final Spec: 0.00 degree

Total Toe
Mitsubishi Spec:Specified: -0.24 degree Range: 0.24 degree
Actual Spec of when Car Went In: 1.59
Final Spec: 0.01 degree

Its safe to say that my front end was a little off.. hehe

Always remember, when getting your car aligned... always make sure that it is done by a highly reputable company... cause you will be paying for it big time in the end, with either damaged parts or getting into an accident because of a few degrees of misalignment..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts