Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· DR750's cool kid club!
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is no other review on Jack Transmision I decided to give my own review for those who are seaking some info on the subject.

My old tranny was very 'slack', it even destroyed 2 rear diff. the syncros were pretty bad too.

I bought a spare tranny, for the time I needed to send the tranny there.

I decided to send my 25 splines tranny to Jack Transmission in January (2009) for the standard rebuilt they offer for 1500$! I 'talked' with Jack via email, told him I want a perfect shifting tranny with no slack at all! I told him if they saw anything wrong that is not covered in the standard rebuilt that I would pay for it, no problem.

I had to say, it took very long to get my tranny rebuilted, on their site they ask to either communicate via phone or email, but not both, I've choosed email, so communication were good but extremly slow. They had trouble to open the tranny because it was rusty. Finally the real problem of my tranny was a VCU almost dead. They found me a used one for a very decent price, and asked me to send my Tcase for a rebuilt because if the VCU is dead so the Tcase. And they rebuilted the Tcase for 350$.

When I got back the tranny, I decided to ahd my rear diff rebuilted. So now I have a rebuilted tranny, rebuilted Tcase, rebuilted rear diff and a PST CFDF!

It's about 6 months now that I run the tranny in my 16Ts car, and I can say the tranny shift very great, all speed go easy in, no grinding, no slack, it's all perfect. I'm very satisfied! :bigthumb:

I gladly recommend them!

A few pic :

Openning the big goodies's box :

The Tcase :

· Automotive Geek
559 Posts
That's fantastic. I found this thread from your other one (http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/finnally-dynoed-my-dr750s-car-507531/). Funny thing is, it sounded like you went with the economy 1.1 rebuild for $1500. On Jack's Transmission webpage it says that the $2900 value 2.0 rebuild is for "is recommended for all AWD 3S cars (3000GT, Stealth) with up to around 600 HP." Your car is putting down more than that with the cheaper rebuild, nice work!

and thanks for sharing.
-Greg

· Nuke nerd
211 Posts
I got an economy rebuild from Jack's, probably 19 days from me mailing it out to it being back on my garage floor and it looks brand new. I hav eonly driven it about 200-300 miles since then but it is a night and day difference from what i had before the rebuild.

· DR750's cool kid club!
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! To update the thread, here some more info :

4 months after I made this thread (October 2009) so 10 months after installation of the tranny, when I was going WOT, my clutch was slipping, I was not sure what was the cause of it, the clutch was suppose to handle the 16T's without any problems, so I bought another clutch, a South bend Stage 4 FE with more clamping power, but it was not the problem. The problem is that the seal of the input shaft bearing was leaking and my bell housing was full of tranny oil and eventually went on the clutch itself...

So I talked to Jacks about it, they said they would need to re-open the tranny for install a new one, of course sending back the tranny just for that, was not worth it, so I didn't and took my loss.

I cleaned (That time could have been a good time to fix it, but I already had planned to have a stronger tranny in the car, the economical rebuild was intended for the 16Ts, not the DR750s) the bell housing again in Spring 2010 when we installed the DR750s, but never slipped again.

Soon the brand new tranny will be on the car, so I will be able to see how much it leaked the last 17 months. I will update this thread if there is any interest.

But about shifting, yeah the economical was good to me, it still shift very very well, no complain at all, beside the fact that I'll have to pay to get the tranny re-open to change the input shaft bearing for leaking since day 1. I need to say, I restrained myself to launch the car all this time though. The stock Tcase might not like that.

Eric

· DR750's cool kid club!
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I will want a ride with your new set-up too! :)

Eric

· DR750's cool kid club!
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:bigthumb:

Eric

· DR750's cool kid club!
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes!!

Eric

· Registered
2,729 Posts
Yes!!

Eric
So overall they are good? Im loooking at having them rebuild and FWD convert a tranny for me down the road.

· DR750's cool kid club!
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I still think they do a great job! Only bad thing was a seal that didn't 'sealed' for me! Still shift great!

Eric

· Registered
70 Posts
I have a '95 3k na 5 spd. I was going to rebuild it myself but I needed a new input shaft ans well as the normal stuff. I contacted Jacks about a shaft. They were willing to sell me a shaft but they could do the whole thing for less than it would cost me just for the parts. I sent them the disassembled tranny and 3 weeks later I recieved a beautifully done tranny in my shop. It works better than it did when I bought the car in '97 w/35k mi. Cost? $850 plus ship $150. One Hell of a fantastic deal.

20,248 Posts
Let's get subject back up and going! Has anyone else used Jacks recently?

I have my transmission there now and have not been impressed at all with communication
Or promises they have made.
I had a similar experience and the rebuild was sloppy. missing parts, rtv sealant everywhere.

· Registered
1,825 Posts
Jacks did a full rebuild on my 2010 lancer ralliart transmission on october of 2016. One of the most expensive transmission rebuilds they offer. It took them about 4 days to finish the job and I was on the road again. I already have about 8000 miles on the new transmission and all is well. I couldn't be happier with them.

· Premium Member
4,471 Posts
Jacks rebuilt my roomates stroker DSM transmission a few times. He originally went with Sheps transmissions but stripped all the teeth off of 3rd. So he went with Jacks next since they offered a warranty. It didn't take him long to have the same problem with Jacks transmission. This time it was warrantied. Jack used a new housing from another core and installed AN fittings on it so he could try a transmission cooler. A few weeks later, he stripped the teeth off 4th. Finally Jacks was able to modify the transmission to use an evo 3rd/4th gear and my friend didn't have any more problems with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.