Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends found a stealth rt with 100K mile.
What to watchout for non-turbos?
Any help would be appreciated:D

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
well, good luck

i bought mine with just under 150K on it, and the clutch died immediately. granted, I got a good enough price that replacing a clutch wasn't all that perturbing.
beyond that, I've had no major problems (granted, the previous owner paid MUCH attention to all proper servicings)
I would just make sure that they did all the major services, changed timing belts, proper oil changes, etc...

Other than the clutch, the only problems with mine are stuff that is covered in Dodge TSB's (technical service bulletins) that was never fixed at the dealer.
i.e.: turn signals dont cancel, speedometer cable gear is a little off, steering column makes squealing noise when turning

i'm going to fix all of these this weekend though, so all is well.

overall, I love this car (even if it's not a turbo :( ), and would highly recommend one to someone else.

~matt

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
najam91rt said:
i've got the squeaking noise in my steering as well, on my rt..let me know how u get rid of it..thnx.najam.
that squeaking noise happens in my tt too...:(

anyways, thank you msaskin for your response.
btw, what color is yours? Looks nice:)

·
I wear a gorilla vest.
4,391 Posts
my 95 gt sl does it too...also grinds when i corner hard when clutch is in....any help? thought it was just mine, thanks for makin me feel better =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts