Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I worked on getting these gaskets custom made for our cars a while ago and after dumping thousands down to make it happen the results have been great. I had a chance to get them in some running cars to include Ray Pampena’s high cylinder pressured DR750 car. They’ve been holding up (just like in any other platform) to all the test given to them.

The gaskets are drop in and you only need to ensure both the deck and heads are flat. The gasket thickness is 1.2mm and the rings are stainless steel.

I will be running two different sets on this group buy so specify if you need the 72 or 74. The 72 gaskets will fit any piston size 93.1mm and smaller. The 74 gasket will fit a 94mm piston. The price for the 72 and 74 are the same. If you want one of each please specify.

I put together both of the fluidampr group buys so this should go just as smooth. If I can get the order in around 2 weeks from now, I can get them in and shipped by about the end of July

Price for 1 Set of 72 or 74 gaskets shipped in the USA is $399, Shipped outside of USA $470

Price for 2 Sets of 72 or 74 (or one of each) gaskets shipped in the USA is $775, Shipped outside USA $850

Please give me your first and last name so I can add you to the list, I am going to match that with the paypal name in case some people want tracking information.

ALL PACKAGES WILL BE SHIPPED SIGNATURE REQUIRED UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. Packages will be shipped to the ADDRESS LISTED ON YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT, NO EXCEPTIONS (to avoid problems. Please be sure to have the correct address guys and gals!) This is a CUSTOM PART, once payment is sent there are no refunds.

Please do not send any payment right now. Once we're ready and I place the order, I’ll let everyone know to send payments.
Send payments to: [email protected]

Here is some information of the installation specs to ensure proper working order.

I highly recommend installing these gaskets on an engine stand with the cylinders at 90 degrees so the rings and gasket are completely flat and do not slide/move

Tightening torque: normally the standard indicated by the engine manufacturer, that may change based on the modifications done to the block by the engine builder, but it’s something the builder should adjust based on experience and testing.

Ra (surface roughness):Rz 5-12.5

Planarity: max lengthwise irregularity of 0.05mm, max transversal irregularity of 0.03mm;
Please ensure the embossments on the stainless steel rings (3 ridges) are facing the engine head.

Photo of them on my dirty block

Ray P. giving a great review!

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
05/08/2019: Group buy started
05/16/2019: Payments are due for the group buy
09/06/2019: Partial order for 72 gaskets came in
09/09/2019: Everyone who ordered only 72 gaskets, your orders have shipped, 74 gaskets will hopefully be here in 3 weeks

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
72 (93.1mm and smaller piston)

PAID 1. Daniel Stalker (reallyxxxxxxloud)
PAID 2. Daniel Stalker (reallyxxxxxxloud)
shipped PAID 3. Lloyd (DeAngelo) Ellis (Sensational)
shipped PAID 4. Johann Cho (Facebook)
PAID 5. AL (bboyalan)
PAID 6. AL (bboyalan)
PAID 7. AL (bboyalan)
PAID 8. AL (bboyalan)
PAID 9. AL (bboyalan)
shipped PAID 10. Andrew Abuan (Andr3w)
shipped PAID 11. James Buhrman (shadow334485)
shipped PAID 12. Matt Jannusch (mjannusch)
PAID 13. Steve Davids
shipped PAID 14. Jonathan Dela-Cruz (Jigzibit)
shipped PAID 15. Jonathan Dela-Cruz (Jigzibit)
shipped PAID 16. Derek (facebook)
shipped PAID 17. Derek (facebook)
shipped PAID 18. Derek (facebook)
shipped PAID 19. William Rotariu (Turbo Powered)
shipped PAID 20. Michael Delos-santos (facebook)
shipped PAID 21. Tepphiruth Lach (Facebook)
shipped PAID 22. Michael Crose (mdcrose)
shipped PAID 23. Jeremy Ferranti
shipped PAID 24. Andy Wozniak
shipped PAID 25. Richie Shields (stealthII)
shipped PAID 26. Richie Shields (stealthII)
shipped PAID 27. Robert Prinz (oohnoo)
shipped PAID 28. Robert Prinz (oohnoo)
shipped PAID 29. Luke (Eugene) Morris (Facebook)
shipped PAID 30. Robert Erickson (Mr E)
shipped PAID 31. Morgan Sanders (speed hunter)
shipped PAID 32. Julien Matos (91_Blue_VR-4)
shipped PAID 33. Matthew Davidson (Slickwheel)
shipped PAID 34. Dmitrijs Lukjancuks (glushenij)
shipped PAID 35. Domingo Zapata (dfz3000gt)
shipped PAID 36. Elliot (DOO HWAN) park (Facebook)
shipped PAID 37. Jakob Hunter
shipped PAID 38. Jakob Hunter
shipped PAID 39. Frederic Zydorczyk (Fred62)
shipped PAID 40. Frederic Zydorczyk (Fred62)
shipped PAID 41. Robert Morgan (Unlogic)
shipped PAID 42. Robert Morgan (Unlogic)
shipped PAID 43. Christopher Reids (BasicGT)
shipped PAID 44. Robert Schulwitz (bob zilla)
shipped PAID 45. Vitali Alexandrov
shipped PAID 46. Mark Scacca (vipershark11)

74 (94mm piston)

PAID 1. Daniel Stalker (reallyxxxxxxloud)
PAID 2. Daniel Stalker (reallyxxxxxxloud)
PAID 3. Steve Davids
PAID 4. Rashad Washington (stupidvr4)
PAID 5. Rashad Washington (stupidvr4)
PAID 6. Eddie Sied (Facebook)
PAID 7. AL (bboyalan)
PAID 8. Benn Plaisance (Blue3kGTSL)
PAID 9. Von Morgan (xwire)
PAID 10. Von Morgan (xwire)

·
STALKER
1,435 Posts
Daniel Griffiths/Daniel-Stalker ;)

Add another 72 gasket so that's
2x 72
2x 74

Cheers James.

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics aren't showing up.
I'm not sure why to be honest. Go to my albums and look at the athena gasket album, theres two photos.

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
You say "no more head lift". Does that mean that Ray's head lift fix won't be required if these gaskets are used?

Thanks
Technically yes but just because something "can" be done without, doesn't mean it should be. The headlift fix works and really takes the stress off of everything and I always recommend getting Ray's headlift fix with the gaskets so you'll never have to worry about anything.

This isn't meant for you BusterBrown but at some people that look at it as trying to only get one or the other and have pm'd here and on facebook. Back in the day people use to copper oring the block ($$$), arp studs ($499 or higher) and whatever else could be done and they still lifted the heads. Now there's the headlift fix $499 and my gaskets $399 which are cheaper and an actual total 100% solution. So if we look at our history people shouldn't stress out to much about getting these two when in the past more money was thrown at trying not to lift the heads and it never worked. Just my opinion though :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Technically no but just because something "can" be done without, doesn't mean it should be. The headlift fix works and really takes the stress off of everything and I always recommend getting Ray's headlift fix with the gaskets so you'll never have to worry about anything.

This isn't meant for you BusterBrown but at some people that look at it as trying to only get one or the other and have pm'd here and on facebook. Back in the day people use to copper oring the block ($$$), arp studs ($499 or higher) and whatever else could be done and they still lifted the heads. Now there's the headlift fix $499 and my gaskets $399 which are cheaper and an actual total 100% solution. So if we look at our history people shouldn't stress out to much about getting these two when in the past more money was thrown at trying not to lift the heads and it never worked. Just my opinion though :)
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Also thanks for putting together all of these group buys lately. 20 years after the last one of these cars were built, it's awesome to see the support for these cars still.

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Also thanks for putting together all of these group buys lately. 20 years after the last one of these cars were built, it's awesome to see the support for these cars still.
Yea I hope people still keep rocking these cars no matter what setup they run. I've got one more group buy to do after this one and the price point for that product will have some drooling lol. Thanks for checking out the gaskets!

·
SDSU Alumnus
2,854 Posts
Message sent :) thanks again!

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Nice! Another great item can’t pass up on. Put me on the list for a set of 72 gaskets. Andrew Abuan.

·
Verified Hitman
464 Posts
Add me to the list as well, for a set for 72

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
"THE KING"
2,995 Posts
Yea I better get in this as well.