Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PING? PONG!
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch is finally on it's way out, FOR SURE...I think...

Yestarday I was crusin on freeway at 70mph, on 5th gear, then i decided to floor it to gain some speed quick, i didn't down shift, i was on about 2500RPM, I then hear my engine reving high. I looked at my tach it said 5000RPM but i'm still crusin around 70, I was like WTF?!??! So i pressed the gas slightly then it finally went upto 80mph at around 3500rpm, it's still slightly higher then the rpm it used to be at 80mph.

If it's my clutch, I was gonna get "Clutchmaster Stage 3 Clutch for 1990-99 3000GT Non-Turbo Model HDTZ" from mvpmotorsports.com and also pick up "Mueller Lightweight Flywheel for 1990-99 3000GT Non-Turbo" from there also, is it a good choice? Or am i better off with RPS Stage 2 and Fidenza Flywheel? I noticed that thoes are little cheaper, but i want something with quality which will last me for awhile.

My initial problems with clutch occured when i first tested out my nos. The guy at gtpro told me my clutch won't last... it's been about 3 month now and it's finally dying now. :(

·
PING? PONG!
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah, another thing is that when i shift from 1st to 2nd gear every 3000rpm or higher.. As soono as it's engaged in 2nd gear the rpm stays at which ever rpm that i was in 1st gear for about 3-4 seconds. and My first gear seems to chatter every once in a while.

My clutch also feels VERY LIGHT, i let one of my friend drive it and he says my clutch has "too much play" :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,597 Posts
I had that problem too. When I would shift to the next gear up (like 2nd to 3rd ...or 1st to 2nd) it would hesitate and stay at the same RPM of the previous gear before it would fully engage. I think that is what people talk about when they say that the clutch is slipping. Anyway, I changed the clutch and haven't had the problem since. Next time the clutch goes (or when I decided to put this RPS stage II on there) I will get the fidanza flywheel also.

·
PING? PONG!
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, it IS my clutch right? :(

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
yes its your clutch.

join us on group buy for rps under parts for sale.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
why don't you get RPS?

·
PING? PONG!
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where's the damn group buy link?!?! :mad: I need clutch bad!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts