Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dodge should sponsor me
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 2 weeks ago the sensor on the ceeling broke off and since than my heater is blowing too hot for the temp that i dial in. could i super glue this piece back on? does anyone have an intact one that they dont need? its not that big of a deal, i just have to drop the temp on the heater about 7degree to get the results i was getting before it broke off. maybe in the summer it'll blow colder? what does the sensor actualy do? what does the one in the pass side dash vent do? i have the digital climate control in my 91 r/t tt

A

·
0 Posts
the sensor on the ceiling is the internal cabin temperature sensor.. just tells the computer what the temperature is inside..

the sensor on the passenger side dash is a photo-sensor.. senses how much/hot the light coming into the car is.. this will help the computer decide how cold/hot the air it blows should be inorder to acheive the temperature you want, faster..

hmm the plastic piece on the ceiling broke off ?? how badly damaged is the ceiling plastic/sensor ?? there should be some sort of metal visible in the plastic, this is the sensor, if its taken some bad damage I'd guess the best thing to do would be take it to the shop and get the mechanic to replace it and/or check the climate control..

mind you if there are any wires broken off the sensor you could just solder them back on..

·
Dodge should sponsor me
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the flat piece that fell off, its about 1/2in by 3/4in. i can see where the old wires attatched to, should i just solder it back togather and then glue it back in place?

A

·
0 Posts
I'm looking at the circuit diagram in my 94 electrical service manual.. there are 2 wires right ??

I don't know if there is a specific way to hook the wires up to the sensor.. If there are colors to match up the wires to the sensor then just solder them together..

another idea is to just temporarily hold the wires together with some electrical tape and then turn on the A/C.. see if it works well for a while.. then just solder the wire and glue it back into place..

I'm having troubles reading this circuit diagram fully.. been a while since I played with electronics... perhaps someone may take a look at this post and enlighten us a bit more...

but give it a try just don't permanently glue/solder things together till you're sure it works properly...

hmm there seems to be some sort of plug that goes into the sensor ??
on my diagram it shows the plugs as kind of wide on the top part with a little notch on it.. and a bottom narrower part.. notch points up and wires go left-#1(Y-L) and right-#2 (L-W)...

* <-notch
[1==2]
[==]

·
Dodge should sponsor me
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the flat piece has a tab on both side that fold into the roof to hold it in place, one of the tabs broke off and it dangled a couple of days until someone bumped it getting into my backseat so i would have to glue the piece back up there. what a pain in the ass! alright, we got 3inches of snow today, but tomorow ill have to go out and look at it, thanks for the help. and good call on the electrical tape experiment to see if it works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts