Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my fuel filter and it my A/F guage is staying pegged on the rich side, when the car has just been started it works fine, but as soon as i start driving it goes full rich and stays their.

If I stomp on the gas and let off it flutters a bit but then goes back to full rich. Is it possible that my previous filter was so dirty (70,000 miles) that now the car doesn't know what to do with the extra fuel? But the fuel pressure regulator should handle that and the rest just goes back to the tank right?

If anyone has ANY ideas I would be happy to hear them...

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
You pulled out the battery to change the filter, right? Give the computer some time to trim the fueling. It will take a little while to get the long term fuel trims where they need to be.

If it doesn't lean out then make sure your vaccum lines and solenoid wiring in your fuel pressure system were not damged or hooked up wrong after the install. If the vaccum/boost line going to the fuel pressure regulator is left off then it will be rich at idle and lean when you're in boost.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
whoa... its not supposed to ride all the way on rich on the A/F meter? Mine has since i let Shadowfax work on it... bleeder, gutted cats, and EGR removal.. Whats up with mine?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it can rise up to full rich, that is good when your at full throttle, but mine just stay their, at idle or any condition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts