Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most people know, that my purchase of the GTO was based heavily on the fact that my favourite video game series growing up was Gran Turismo. Gran Turismo 2 is still one of my favourite racing games of all time and I still play it to this day. I am involved in a community of modders who have been working tirelessly this past year to bring new content to the old game without destroying what the game is all about. One of these mods is to add new liveries to cars that are already in game. So I asked one of the fellow modders to include my car as one of his projects, and he accepted the challenge and the other day he came through with flying colours!
It's officially the second full blown livery mod for the game and I am pretty pleased with it if I am being modest.
check out the showcase video below and if you are interested in playing a modded version of GT2 I suggest taking a look at thread in the description or contacting me for information.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,125 Posts
Pretty cool!

·
Cow man moo?
1,960 Posts
Thats a lot of cool right there.

As a past tense nerd, I was deeeeep into unreal tournament back in the day. Assault...

Anyways, I was a big part of developing code for Epics new UT2k mods for assault.

Lots of fun. This is a cool thing.

I like that a lot.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!
I've always had a passion for modding games. I just think that nothing is perfect and everything can be improved on. GT series has always been that way to me. Gameplay has always been relatively fun in all the series but I always thought they lacked content in different areas in each game.
Being able to finally mod a game like GT2 so in depth like we can now, just gives it a new lease in life.
More mods are being made all the time, but nothing like my car has been done since...yet.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Speaking of which, I've always wanted to build a replica of the LM.... Proper Replica though, fully functional, and built around period correct rules.

So here is a sweet rendering of a silver 1G based LM...

GT3, you could tune it up to over 1000++hp

GT4, is like 800 something I think, but then there is the GTO SR, which can be made to have 400++ NA, and is much lighter, with less weight in the nose so it handles incredibly well. Great for Tarmac Rally stages, and tight tracks where power isn't everything.

GT3 is what sealed my love for the 3000GT - I had just been introduced into to the game, and had moved a week later - My new neighbor across the street had a at the time almost brand new 1999 VR4 (this was 02? 03?) Had no idea what it was other than I liked it - Found it on Gran Turismo 3 later that night and fell in love with it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts