Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got the motor broken in it my 95 RT TT (lo-buck), and what better way to see how it runs than to race a viper in it, My viper)

for those of you that don’t know, my viper is a 2000GTS ACR that all motor runs 117MPH in the 1/4 mile (127 with NOS) at 3600ft! uncorrected!

so I grab my buddy (EKool on here), and get him to drive the viper, He has a 11 sec supra and knows how to drive.

all of are runs are with out NOS in either car

1st run my Blitz DSBC set to G5, and R55,
we race from 20MPH roll to 120mph, because from a stop I would pull the Viper by 10 cars in 1st gear, and it would be hard to tell what happens from there.

we hit it from 20mph and stay side by side for only a split second, then I start to pull away HARD, I keep pulling in every gear, the race was not even close. by 120MPH I pull the viper by 7-8 cars EZ.
My boost peeked at 1.03 kg/cm2 (about 14.6 psi) HOLY SHIT THIS CAR IS FAST!!!! (the line for ported heads, and cams starts here:)

next pass I turn the DSBC to G5, R48
we race from 20mph roll again, 1st gear he is right with me, 2nd i pull a little, 3rd i pull a little more, then 4th 120mph comes, and we let off
I pulled him by about 2 cars
my boost peeked at .90(12.8psi)

the 3rd pass we try from 40mph (same settings on the DSBC)
he stays with me threw 2nd, then 3rd comes and I start pulling away again... 1's again about 2 cars by 120mph

All I can say if this car is that fast at this low of boost, I cant wait to turn the boost up some, and take it to the track. I will be going on sat to Roswell dragway, and am going to try 25psi (with out NOS also), I am hoping to see 11flat or faster, and trap speeds over 130mph:) at 3600ft!!!!!

all and all I gess my idea for 8.5 to 1, and ported heads, and 212/212 cams seems to be working very well!

stay tooned

·
Total Posts: 1,736,254
3,499 Posts
Not bad at all haha.

Just don't forget the tape recorder!! :D

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
how much are the cams again?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
hey matt do you have to use shims with those cams ?
also do you have the stiffer springs in your car ?

·
Only Tonic is Chronic
1,549 Posts
Holy Shit:eek: Dude, Now I know what I am gonna do with my Engine Rebuild Project :eek: That is Unbelievable....Would you PLEASE post all the Specs on that engine for us, or tell us where to find them? Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
man if I had a vr4 the one guy I would copy as far as mods would be matt...this guy knows what it takes I wish I had someone in the NA dept to copy...also I dont think its not all about money. its knowing the right parts that work very good together.;)

·
Registered
987 Posts
OT:

Sorry for the off topic post, but just one question guys:

How come, when AAM came onto the boards, making 560whp at 18psi..people started bashing them and calling it all BS? Saying how its not possible

Also, no one is "praising" Bee*R for running 11.1 with only 1.0kg/cm2!?

Yet, people praise Matt for pulling on his Viper, which with his friend driving, no one knows for sure what the viper would of done in the 1/4 mile with his friend driving.

I am not doubting that Matt pulled on a Viper, but why do people believe him, but not other people, that claim extreme accomplishments with their 3/S's too??

No flames:cool: Just something I've observed. Feel free to correct me if i'm looking at this the wrong way.:)

Anyway, back to the topic:
Matt, are you using the new Carbon/Carbon clutch?
also, are you going to run 25psi on race gas or regular 93 octane?

-Turd
*hoping not to get flamed*:rolleyes:

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Turd, stow it.

As far as AAM goes, I'm not going to dig into that again. I'll just say this. Dyno numbers are fine for tuning and showing off, but that car has never been proven to us in the real world. (No, I do not count an untimed, barely visable street race video to be proving anything) Matt has shown us time and again what his car can do on the street and strip. If I want performance parts I can use on my street car, I will go to Dynamic Or GT Pro. If I want a dyno queen, I'l go to AAM.

Who the hell cares about Bee-R anyway? They don't market parts in the US, they don't even have an english website, and they have no presence on this board. Does anyone here even OWN a Bee R part? What we've managed to scrape together out of crude Engrish translations of their site suggest they have a potent car, but we really can't be sure of anything on it without having a GOOD translation or a quote from the company. Even if they run 9s, it's not like it matters, We can't tap into their knowledge and parts AT ALL, much less on the level that Dynamic supports us.

People believe Matt over the other blowhards because he contiunally proves his work in the real world. He's a long time, respected member of the community. The respect and admiration he has from many of us was EARNED due to his relationship with 3SI and his achievements.

As for questioning his friend, I think that's why they went from a roll. You can't try to tell me that shifting ability alone was good for 7-8 car lengths. Outshifting a guy through 2 gears would be good for 1 length at best.

If that doesn't spell it out, I don't know what will.

·
Big Kid
2,781 Posts
rock on Matt.

I heard through the grape vine that your rings wernt seating properly. Is there any truth to that ?

No matter what Im glad that your up and running again.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Glad to hear she's running so well. I'm really looking forward to seeing the times on her!

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Turd - I have not seen him run but plenty of people have. They also no it was lo-buck that ran like a 11.5 and the guy only had like a month to get the car ready for that shootout. He is proven to everyone here with timeslips and videos of his runs at the track.

-Jeff

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hey guys... This is ekool -- the guy that was driving matts viper. I saw a couple questions that I can probably answer.

Matt says that I'm a good driver, and while i am flattered, i consider myself average... Matt on the other hand, is the best driver i've ever seen.

I'm sure my poor shifting in a car that doesnt belong to me had a little to do with how bad the car got pulled (it was my first time driving it) -- however, when we punch it from a roll (me punching it first even) --- and before i have to shift, the stealth still pulled me at the low boost setting.

From a stop, i wouldnt have even bothered. The viper losing so much traction the stealth just would have ate it for lunch.

If only matt could drive two seperate cars at once :)

At high boost, i can really tell you, that being left behind that bad, especially in a viper, is very disheartening....

We almost grabbed the camera, but i saw it sitting on matts desk, and it probably wasnt charged as its been sitting there for many weeks. Plus, no extra hands to shoot with...

Im sure matt will be on tomorrow to respond to the other questions.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
I wouldnt believe him either. Just because he is the only SHOP OWNER WITH HIS OWN 3SI car that continually represents at events. :eek: Yea, check around.

There is no reason to fabricate such a claim when he can prove it, if enough doubting thomas's post here. But alas, it will probably be the ones that have only beauty mods that are sceptical.

Way to go Matthew. I wish i had a car like yours.

Btw, he isnt running the carbon carbon. That clutch is the unicorn of 3SI. Its either the Mueller Twin, or the RPS III. Unless im wrong.

Lets just see how fast he is with his baby seat. I bet hes pissed cause they weigh so much. Thats it Matt, market the first carbon fiber baby seat.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Matt this is Ernest with the 95vr4. I had spoke to you on tuesday regarding upgrading my turbos to GT357's. I live in Albuquerque. We went down to Roswell last saturday. Thats where my friend siezed his motor on his 92 stealth. I am planning on having my vr4 back on Friday. I want to go out to Roswell this saturday also and see what it runs. Do you think that would be safe on a new tranny? Are there any break in procedures I should take before getting on it hard? Do you think that there will be a big turn out this weekend in Roswell? Last weekend there werent that many cars. The only turbo import was a Supra with a t88 single turbo upgrade.

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
hello again:)

1st off, thanks for all the well wishing, I do all of this for you all:)
As god as my witness I will give you all a Stealth to wave in the supra guys faces this yr, if I have got to die trying :) lol and I will do it is street trim!

Well I will try to cover everything.

as for my motor specks, there a open book,
I have 8.5 to 1 ross/gt-pro pistons set-up for .100" long rods
Pauter .100" long rods (this is to increase piston dwell)
Lightly ported heads, with stock valves (A race port set of heads, with big valves is in the works as we speak)
DR street spec cams 212/[email protected], and .400 lift at the valve
DR high rev spring kit
lifters shimed .060"
RC big bore TB (plenum/ TB port matched to TB 65mm)
GT-368 turbos, ported with 15deg clip
DN 02 remover pipes
ATR down pipe
ATR exhaust
UR UD pulley
UR cam gears (1 deg advance on intake, 3deg retard on exhaust)
GT-pro Intercooler w/ extended end tanks (the best there is! Extending the End tanks was Brian's Idea, and a good 1 at that!)
ARC-2 with up-graded 87mm MAS
DN intake pipe kit
720cc Denso injectors (flow matched by RC)
Denso fuel pump with Ken-Bell boost-A-pump, and hot wired
DR -6 fuel line up-grade from the tank to the railes (twin feed railes)
Blitz DSBC
Greddy EGT, and boost
Automeater fuel pres guage
ken-bell boost-a-spark
G-Force ECU with my own custom programming (that I can have dun for you too, so no big deal)
Triad Alkie kit
50HP NOS kit (not run on this motor yet)

I think that’s about it...
0 of these parts are "secrets" or Special. I can make, have made, and will sell any or all of the same parts I have on my car. (or bigger and better). Some tuners out there don’t like to sell the "good" parts thy use, I have never understood that. I would love to see some1 spank my car! If thy got there parts from me I would be like a proud daddy or something, and if thy did not get them from me, it will get me cooking to go faster. I love this game, and would love to see 100 of these cars in the 10's by this time next yr. no matter who built them.
By me posting what I have dun will no dought get some people to coppy it. so be it, thats why I posted it.

As for AAM saying thy made 560hp at 18psi, I NEVER sed that thy did not, or it could not be dun. I always sed it could be dun. I think too many people get hung up on boost, saying "boost is boost" that is far from what happens in the real world. I'll give you a idea, lets say you take a 95 Cobra mustang, thy put about 195-205hp to the wheels. You slap a 9psi blower on in everything els stock, now your right around 300 to the wheels at 9psi. then you slap a set of TFS or GT40-X heads on it, headers, E303 cam now you are flowing MORE air threw the motor and will jump to around 360hp to the tires, but with LESS boost, after these mods to free up airflow and no pulley change you will be around 5psi or so. so you do a blower pulley change to get back to your 9psi, and now look your at 420-430 wheel HP at the SAME boost you were at with 300HP. How this works is now you are flowing MORE air threw the motor at the SAME boost. (these are made up #'s but, I hope I showed my point, this is very close to the #'s that would go with a set-up like this)

Air = HP ..... Not boost, boost is just back pressure

(all you # crunchers are going to have a field day with this 1:) lolol

mjb440

Rings seated fine, The smoke I was getting was from the 4Q of oil that I dumped into my exhaust with my broken turbo with the old motor, seems there is still a bunch left in the muffler:) lololol

ps the car still has RPS stage 3 and Fidanza, the Carbon/Carbon is not reddy yet...:(

I hope this helps, Lets all get into the 10's!

1 - 20 of 123 Posts