Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Do these have ONLY spring rate settings (no other settings)?

Bob.
Yeah its just damper and ride height. I think if I use my Dremel a little more on the fronts I would be able to get camber adjustments??

Could be wrong though...or I heard wrong when I was being told about it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I couldnt get my hks to my liking which is why I asked. Honestly, now I think the SSR 18's and low profile tires are the reason why. Doesnt matter what suspension you put on something that has no sidewall lol (to a point).
I am still on a set of Hankook 245/40/r18's right now. If that will give you an idea.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I couldnt get my hks to my liking which is why I asked. Honestly, now I think the SSR 18's and low profile tires are the reason why. Doesnt matter what suspension you put on something that has no sidewall lol (to a point).
What ratio tires are you running? I'm running r40s on my 18s with my BC Racing coilovers two clicks soft from the middle and they are great. Granted the roads in NC are pretty damn nice and we never see snow, so that probably helps.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,853 Posts
Toledo roads rate right up there with those up further north in Michigan.
All 3 of my boys went to U of T and I was born just north of Detroit, so I'm VERY familiar with these roads.
In most potholes you don't bend rims, you BREAK them.

Bob.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I was/am running 265/35/18's. I admit, on smooth roads and the highway they were great coilovers, on a track I wouldnt want anything else. Around here roads are not great though. Lots of repaving going on where I live and on my way to work and back so they are bad enough that they are finally doing something about it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yea 35 is kinda low, I run 40. If I might ask, why did you go with 35s? Going from stock 1g 17s(with the stock 45 ratio) to 18s with 40 ratio tires keeps the overall diameter pretty close so the speedo is basically still accurate. With your 35s your overall wheel/tire diameter is smaller so your speedo will be off. I just used a calc and your speedo will read like 2-3mph higher than you are actually traveling at 60mph.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yikes 35 sidewalls. No wonder you are riding in the Flinstone mobile. I don't think I'd ever go down to a 35 sidewall for any reason personally.

Also how long did you wait before you fine tuned your ride height rossb? I've got two fingers all the way around but I think I can get a little more of that A-1 fitment I want.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Yea 35 is kinda low, I run 40. If I might ask, why did you go with 35s? Going from stock 1g 17s(with the stock 45 ratio) to 18s with 40 ratio tires keeps the overall diameter pretty close so the speedo is basically still accurate. With your 35s your overall wheel/tire diameter is smaller so your speedo will be off. I just used a calc and your speedo will read like 2-3mph higher than you are actually traveling at 60mph.
Reason for going 35 is that’s just what was on them when I got the car. I liked they way they looked so I got new ones the same size.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Update: I have since altered damper settings. They are now at 5.

We don't slow down over railroad tracks anymore. 🤣

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,295 Posts
Looks good! I have a local buyer for the JIC Twin Spartan if you are willing to ship after the rest of your Tanabe gets installed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Sounds good Alan. You will be first to know about this exhaust. Here is to hoping my Tanbe is in by early next month.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sadly oil is starting to seep into my intake system. Currently prepping for turbo upgrade and Head Gaskets.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Car has under gone and interior transformation back to the factory Charcoal Grey. Will get pictures. (Still looking for a set of Door cards as mine are just painted.)

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,853 Posts
💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

^^^ Bunch of shit.....

Bob. 😁

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #40 (Edited)
Id have to say fussing with the rears was a lot more straight forward than I initially thought. Those damn seat belt bolts were definitely on there. Made me wish I had air tools.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts