Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR-4
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TLDR: Got a vr4 after trying to mod a base model.

So to start this off I would like to thank OhioSpyderMan and his son as I would not have this vehicle if it weren't for them. Journey started off with me buying the slow SOHC and making the mistake of modifying that. (Yikes) So of course after talking with people and reading up on the forums I came to my senses, stopped modifying the SOHC and sought after a VR4 with how my luck normally turns out I thought I was going to end up with a 1st gen or 2.5 gen(The one with the hoop spoiler.) but to my surprise I was able to a get a 2nd gen like I wanted! :D

To be expected I made sure I hit as much if not all maintenance items as hard as possible before doing anything fun related. Fast forward to now and this is where I am at. :)

• AEM Series 2
  • AEM Inline X-series UEGO
  • AIT sensor kit
  • 3bar map sensor
  • Forge Weld on BOV (Because the HKS one I wanted wouldn't fit in the location. :( )
  • Hallman Pro MBC Gunmetal
  • Tanabe Turbo-Back Exhaust. (Currently using JIC catback until Tanabe catback comes in.)
  • Injector Dynamic 1050cc
  • Walbro 255HP
  • PST 2pc aluminum / steel driveshaft
Before-

After-

I know its not that big of a difference but I am very happy with the results. Definitely high smiles per gallon. :D (More pictures to come.)

Before Tein S Techs-

After Tein S Techs-

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Car is now lowered on a set of Tein S Techs. At least until I can afford a set of HKS coilovers.

So far having issues with passenger side rear toe. That bolt seized and unable to break it loose. (I know this is the driver side..)

I am definitely happy with the drop for now.

Sadly my toe is 1.25 off. Luckily I have a bushing, Bolt and washers on the way. I am just going to replace both trailing arms hardware.

The front is a bit ugly because of the oil cooler and lines. Once I get my SMIC cores installed the oil cooler will be relocated and lines replaced.

Active aero still works! :)

As you can see rear spoiler does go up as intended. The rear garnish is from a 99' model. And the cat back is a JIC which will be replaced once my Tanabe gets in.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Beautiful, I love the color!

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,864 Posts
I'm glad that you love it, and also glad that it went to an owner who will appreciate it and take good care of it :)
Alex and I flew from Dayton to Vermont to pick up that beauty and I didn't get to drive ONE mile of that back :)

Like always a lot of blood, sweat and money went into this car. Swapped the grey interior for tan (some guys LIKE tan!). New wheel, tires and some under the hood bling.

Logan has taken this car to the next level, and I hope he continues to do things the way HE wants to do them....

Good Luck Friend....

Bob.

·
13,864 Posts
Reactions: lawdogg

·
Super Moderator
21,204 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hmm aren't BC's made by the same people that make Megans? And I had Megans on my Base model. Ouch is all I can say.
No idea, from some light research both are made in Taiwan, but then again a ton of stuff is made in Taiwan. Even if they are made by the same people, it doesn't mean they use the same parts. My BCs aren't bad at all honestly, I have them two clicks to soft from the middle and they are just fine.

·
13,864 Posts
If you get the struts out without damaging them, I may be interested in them :)
Shoot me a PM...

Bob.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol the front right is shot for sure. (My fault for putting lowering springs on them without getting new struts.) But yes I wont have any need for them. They are on Tein S techs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The roads here in Toledo are terrible. Ride quality is definitely 'Far' above stock setup on these roads in my comparison.

Edit: Sorry, and no I haven't touched any of the damper settings yet. Letting them settle before adjusting anything.

·
13,864 Posts
Do these have ONLY spring rate settings (no other settings)?

Bob.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I couldnt get my hks to my liking which is why I asked. Honestly, now I think the SSR 18's and low profile tires are the reason why. Doesnt matter what suspension you put on something that has no sidewall lol (to a point).

1 - 20 of 46 Posts