Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another one of my many problems I need everyones help on. I have a 95 Base 3000gt and I was out cruise Sunday night when I down shited 3rd to second... Suprisingly the Clutch Didn't engage.. I had to Force it in gear and pull over to the side of the road... When the car is off I can put it into gear... When I start the car It won't go in gear... Another Funny thing is was when I pushed the clutch to the floor it stayed and I felt a funny vibration. SO I thought it was the master cylinder!!!! So i had the car towed to my house and I put a new master cylinder in it ... I bled it well and checked for pressure... Bingo I thought Id fixed it WRONG... When I started the car It did the same thing... In NEUTRAL with me putting my foot on the clutch to the floor felt the same vibration type ... And when I tried to stick it in gear I heard grinding ... So it Still wont engage... So i Checked the slave Cylinder and Nothing There were no leacks.. I just had a clutch put in 5 months back!!! Could it be my Cutch or Flywheel!!!!!!!!!! Could it be my Syncro?? What WRONG here Guys??????? I need Someone with serious knowledge to help mE!! If i take it to the dealership they'll rape me if i don't know whats wrong!!! HELP HELP HELP ASAP before TOm.

confused: Brian

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HHHHHHHHHEEEELLLPPPP

Maybe I shouldn't of gone as far as calling it a POS, I saw what happened to that other guy.... LMAo..... But i do need immediate help

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
Maybe throwout bearing? Pressure plate?

-Jeff

·
Currently Boost-less
480 Posts
Could be wrong, but it kinda sounds like your pressure plate collapsed.

Good luck, whatever you find out.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
should take it to the shop and have them look at it. doesn't sound like something cheap though

·
Registered
466 Posts
check clutch fluid, doubt that's it, but it's possible

1 - 6 of 6 Posts