Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 60 of 2127 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
MAN that 4 bolt is so pretty! If you are talking about the weekend of the 5th and 6th, I'm off (I work a really strange rotating 12 hour night shift, so I work every other weekend). Where are you at in south Houston? I may be able to come and help.

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
Hey, why are you texting instead of wrenching?
Yeah, what he said.

Don't make me drive up to Beaumont and give you grief personally!!!

But, if you really want some help, just ask. I can bring my torch. But, be warned. I eat a lot!!!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
And me texting instead of wrenching?...need money for parts :( I did fix my one cracked dash vent this weekend. And my dash speakers are at my friends house getting the low pass capacitors soldered into the new larger full range speakers. Have the 4 new speakers on my table now. As soon as I have the money to order the Dynamat the interior will be coming out short of the dash and head liner. As soon as I can set up the driveway party I will be doing some wrenching. Gotta change my oil cooler and drop my pan and beat out a small crease in the bowl. I have no experience especially on this platform so I am petrified of the oil lines and the transfer case. I need people around that can tell me what to do, and I don't have a lot of tools and no torque wrenches. I research and text and read hours and hours before getting enough balls to do a job myself. I'm scared of breaking stuff and not being able to fix it. Should have seen me pulling the front of the car apart to change the front O2 sensor. Took me 3 weeks and broke an O2 socket in half. I was a wreck and so scared I would have to pay someone to come to my house and fix my mess. I love doing the work I just have so little experience/tools.

·
Amature-Crastinator
1,803 Posts
plumbing section is where to look. one of my works at wally's, shes in layaway right now but she thinks its going to be the CS desk after so har de har on her.

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yeah, what he said.

Don't make me drive up to Beaumont and give you grief personally!!!

But, if you really want some help, just ask. I can bring my torch. But, be warned. I eat a lot!!!!
Lol. I'd enjoy the company. I'm not old enough to buy beer but I'm sure my dad would love to kick back and have a few with you.

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
MAN that 4 bolt is so pretty! If you are talking about the weekend of the 5th and 6th, I'm off (I work a really strange rotating 12 hour night shift, so I work every other weekend). Where are you at in south Houston? I may be able to come and help.
I am in League City off of 518 West. Just south of the Nasa Rd 1\Clear Lake exit. You are more than welcome to lend a hand. With any luck, we can get it running by nightfall. Plenty of room for those spending the weekend over. Like I said, I like to eat! Bring your favorite CD's too! Most guests like to listen to my Reference sound system while they are here.

http://smile.webshots.com/images/70bea4c0119e0130951412313f012a46/jpg/800x600

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
Lol. I'd enjoy the company. I'm not old enough to buy beer but I'm sure my dad would love to kick back and have a few with you.
I have my weekend planned but I can drive up in the morning if you are ready for me and stay as long as you need me. Just do not want to crash Christmas day!

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
And me texting instead of wrenching?...need money for parts :( I did fix my one cracked dash vent this weekend. And my dash speakers are at my friends house getting the low pass capacitors soldered into the new larger full range speakers. Have the 4 new speakers on my table now. As soon as I have the money to order the Dynamat the interior will be coming out short of the dash and head liner. As soon as I can set up the driveway party I will be doing some wrenching. Gotta change my oil cooler and drop my pan and beat out a small crease in the bowl. I have no experience especially on this platform so I am petrified of the oil lines and the transfer case. I need people around that can tell me what to do, and I don't have a lot of tools and no torque wrenches. I research and text and read hours and hours before getting enough balls to do a job myself. I'm scared of breaking stuff and not being able to fix it. Should have seen me pulling the front of the car apart to change the front O2 sensor. Took me 3 weeks and broke an O2 socket in half. I was a wreck and so scared I would have to pay someone to come to my house and fix my mess. I love doing the work I just have so little experience/tools.
Just tell me when you want me and what tools to bring. If you have a compressor, I will bring my impact wrenches, guns, and sockets too! I have the torque wrenches covered, as well!

I am here to help and everyone has to start somewhere. I am just glad to lend a hand when and where I can.

Did I tell you I eat a lot!!!!

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
Ahhhh sweet sound system. Lol. Maybe we can all go help you get your car running and then you can help me. My car runs... Yours, not so much:(
I have plenty of room in my house and would love the help\company. skrub and his wife were here for our Christmas party!!

Just let me know and I will make sure there is plenty of food in the refrigerator and the sheets are changed in the guest rooms. My wife loves entertaining guests.

I have dogs so if you have allergies, you have been warned. No cats.

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have plenty of room in my house and would love the help\company. skrub and his wife were here for our Christmas party!!

Just let me know and I will make sure there is plenty of food in the refrigerator and the sheets are changed in the guest rooms. My wife loves entertaining guests.

I have dogs so if you have allergies, you have been warned. No cats.
Your wife entertains, eh? ;) KIDDING. Lol.

·
Amature-Crastinator
1,803 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun but I've got other obligations. Nice run though, south trhu Memphis,Jackson, McComb. West thru Baton Rouge, 10 over to grab Djmba then a short ride to your place.

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
Sounds like a lot of fun but I've got other obligations. Nice run though, south trhu Memphis,Jackson, McComb. West thru Baton Rouge, 10 over to grab Djmba then a short ride to your place.
Reminds me of the Tri-State shooting matches I attended on occasion. Just the reverse direction. I know you would be here if were closer.

May have to look you up if I am up that way again.

Happy Holidays!

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Just finished polishing the other pre turbo pipe. They look damn sexy if I do say so myself:)

The reflections are a little blurry in the pictures but are just like a mirror in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
WOW! Did everyone just find a write up on Google on how to polish? I really have no clue on how to do it but don't know how. I have some scrap parts off of prior project cars to play with and all I know is you start with 120 or better grit sand paper. Anybody have a link or short notes on how to do it? what tools needed and compounds? I wanna play too!!!!

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
NAUGHTY LIST
Djmba: caught polishing pipe on Christmas day.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

WOW! Did everyone just find a write up on Google on how to polish? I really have no clue on how to do it but don't know how. I have some scrap parts off of prior project cars to play with and all I know is you start with 120 or better grit sand paper. Anybody have a link or short notes on how to do it? what tools needed and compounds? I wanna play too!!!!
Just start with something like the 120 grit to get out all of the scratches and stuff. I went from 150-220-400-800 then wet sanded with 1500. Maybe not the best grit progression but believe it or not it was all I could find. I would say go up to a wet 2000 and it'll polish a little easier. Get some polish and a terry cloth and polish away.

Tools required:
Sandpaper (duh)
Sanding pad (optional)
Terry cloth(s)
Polish (duh)
Patience (a must)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Cool man thanks! I am fighting so hard the urge to polish the crap out of everything I can get my hands on, I love the look. But my engine bay is absolutely stock to the eye and by God it is going to stay that way. I have done some scotch bright on my intake and am going to pull that, lower, CAS, water housing, fuel rails and a few other things out when I send my TB off and injectors off for rebuild and clean the PISS out of them. If I can get them looking brand new then they will go back in unmolested. Someone had a go at one of my front calipers tho and I am going to try and polish those until I can afford a 2G/TT upgrade. I want to polish those and hat them with some high temp clear coat. I have an intercooler and housing from my old SVO that is toast from when the Garrett took the top of the car off so I'm going to practice on that. It was such a cool piece that I saved it from the side of the freeway and I looked at my car that was nearly ripped in half. (Never buy a shady turbo car in cash at night that has a turbo the size of a turkey in it, most fun 6 weeks ever tho till it exploded).

·
Verified Seller
4,431 Posts
This is a good watch!!!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Wow thanks! I have a place to start now. Looks like my kinda job too. Hours of repetition and no bolts to snap off. I can see me spending weeks on my calipers with a big effing smile on my face, love detail work. I do know I'm gonna have to spray it with high temp clear otherwise Texas weather will make it black in seconds......hhhhhhhh humidity, SATAN!!!!

41 - 60 of 2127 Posts