Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

2121 - 2127 of 2127 Posts

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Blue compound

Hook em?! :headbang:

I'd be concerned about heat in those resistors on the bread board. What's the value of the resistors and voltage input? Use P = V^2 / R to determine the heat being dissipated ... The electrical tape will greatly decrease their ability to shed heat, they really should be heat sinked, but if you have that bread-boarded rig in the air stream from the fans, you could be OK.

The welds look good enough for brackets, especially once you grind them down. My dad always likes to say, "a grinder can turn any old farm boy into a welder"...

Did you use a special plastic paint on the fans? did you actually paint the blades? are you optimistic it will hold up?

Your engine bay is like mine... Only yours is further from stock! :eek:

Good shit!

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,683 Posts
Awesome work as always. Maybe my car will get there one day. Hell, I'll probably be retired and or moved to Florida (or both) by then lol

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,121 Posts
what happened with this build?

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,124
what happened with this build?
About time for an update I suppose.

First things first, it's been so long since I updated that I don't remember where I left off because Photobucket has blocked all of my photos and I would have to pay $400 to be able to see them again. Pissed about that.

Long story short, blow through setup with the GM MAF was proving problematic and I was having a bunch of issues. I was having to way overcompensate and undercompensate fuel in random places and it was just problematic for my application. I remember texting Donniekak about it and went back to draw through and it ran 1000 times better. I put about 2000 miles on it beating the living piss out, the hardest 2000 miles ever, and in the July/August Texas heat.

Another long story short, I got that sum'bitch running GOOD. I had spent weeks trying to tune it with the GM MAF and flash ECU and when I switched to draw through I probably spent a couple of days on it. I finally made a pull and pulled over to flash again and I swear I thought this was the last flash I would have to make just to fix one spot and I would be done with it. I was so happy. So pumped. It was hauling ass. Well. I flashed, started up the car, boom. Low oil pressure. Drove it home and parked it. I knew it was a spun bearing. This was in probably October 2016? Sounds about right. I never had any signs of knocking (new knock sensor). AFR was fine. I think it just gave out. Like I said. The last 2000 miles were hard as hell on the thing. Almost constant rompin' on the thing. I think it just gave out.

It stayed parked until I bought a house in February and had to move my car. That sucker ran so good. Been sitting for months, charged the battery, boom. Fired right up. I knew the oil didn't have a chance to heat up and thin because I didn't move very far so I just drove it. It ran so well on the way there. I pulled off the filter a few weeks ago and drained the oil out and yeah, it looked like Christmas.

Very upset about this car. I've spent so much time and money and literal blood, sweat, and tears over this thing. I was looking at some receipts earlier and it was just sad. I've had this car since 2012 and I'm still at square one.

I never updated this thread because I was doing so much to the car and just always in the mindframe of "I'll do this then update my thread". Well I kept doing that and just never updated.

Onto other news, a friend has an FC RX-7 that, long story short, he LS swapped. I took one ride in it a week ago and I'm hooked. Never been much of a GM fan. My dad was always into Fords. Well about 15 years ago my dad built a badass 351w and stroked it to 396 (was supposed to be 393) and threw it in a fox body mustang. He ran low 11s with that car and went through about as many transmissions as I've gone through engines in my 3/S. Lol. He got pissed and sold the car and engine separately. Well the guy he sold the engine to maybe 7 or 8? years ago has not done a thing with it. It's been sitting on the stand and supposedly has a trans that will hold up to it. I have the chance to buy it back. I'm going to look at an FC tomorrow and provided that the bank will cooperate, I'll have a 396 swapped FC before too long. It would be a very nostalgic and sentimental build and would be fast as hell, guaranteed to turn heads everywhere.

I've been wanting to do an "American" build for a long time now. I miss the loudness and lope that I grew up with. Lol. I still plan on keeping the car at least as of now. Maybe. I'm honestly not sure. This car means so much to me and I would kick myself in the ass if I ever had the $25k it would take to get this car where I want and where it deserves to be. But at the same time, it hurts to look at the thing and it is just sitting there.

I will build a 3/S. I'm just not sure when and I need a change of car scene for now.

I will try to post pictures of the car before it cratered. I need to do some backtracking and figure out where I left off. Lol.

Regardless of what happens, the 3/S will always be my home. I will return at some point. Just not sure it when.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
If that happens to my car when im done you'll hear me scream from there!

I really feel for you on that one buddy...

·
Verified Seller
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,126
The car is sold and will be parted out.

I wish everyone on the forum good luck with their cars. Having this car live on through its parts being put to good use in other cars will be enough for me for now.

A big thanks to all who have helped me with this car over the years, both with technical help and motivation. I learned so much from this car and this forum.

Sad day. I will be back. I'm just not sure when.

·
Registered
17,522 Posts
Bummer. God speed.

2121 - 2127 of 2127 Posts