Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a base 93 stealth es. I pulled up to a light with a friend of mine... he drives a 96 mustang. I thought it was a 5.0 but my dad says differently. Light turns green, dropped the clutch, i redlined first, looked over.... were about even, shift to 2nd, look over..... damn mustang is in front of me... so I shifted around 5500 rpm, looked over caught up and then I blew by him. I am thinking he just let off due to the heavy cops in the area. My question is why is my car so damn weak? I dont have the money or time to drop a TT in it. If i came across a TT in the future for a good price I will do it but as for now what can I do? I took off resonator bottle and put on a magnaflow performance exhaust. I think I should get a k&n fipk, and new spark plugs/wires. But what else can I do? Please let me know.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Get an Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley. Helps with acceleration (it's smaller than the stock crank pulley, and a lot lighter too). You'd tell the difference the minute you drive it.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I am very surprised you should have taken him. Was he a GT or a Base??? Well to fix that just get the BPU mods and your set. ( Exhaust, Intake, Udp's, plugs/ wires ). Next times his ass is grass.
I guess he was the better driver, but dont worry you will soon improve.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I think I shifted too soon. I am not THAT experienced. It is all for fun in my eyes. In third I smoked him but my first 2 gears kinda pissed me off. It was a GT model for the record. I ordered some of those NGK iridium spark plugs, and intake is next whenever someone finishes a cold air one =) . I got exhaust on it so after that i dunno whats next. I would love to have a TT. Anyways what is so special about these NGK plugs? 90% of the people on this board have them or recommend them. Maybe someone can spend some time and explain to me what the difference is and what kinda performance they give. I am sure it wont be noticeable by me but who knows. Thanks for your time.

Jon

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
Good race man, a TT won't let you down. Step on the gas...wait for the turbos and hang on!!! Greatest thrill ever :)

Mustang,

·
5,179 Posts
Your car is not weak! If anything the Mustang GT is weak. His car has a 4.6 V8 and you have a 3.0 V6. You would think the stang is faster but thats not the case most of the time. With a good launch the Mustang should be ahead, but from a roll or any extended race you should probably win.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
yeah man your car is definately not weak. And for future mods for your car, i hear that the unorthodox pulley is great. I'm ordering mine soon. they say that it gives 15 hp and is a lot lighter, plus its not expensive at all. So good luck.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
jclegg42002 said:
Anyways what is so special about these NGK plugs? 90% of the people on this board have them or recommend them. Maybe someone can spend some time and explain to me what the difference is and what kinda performance they give. I am sure it wont be noticeable by me but who knows.
Jon
Well spark plugs are really not a source of power, all they do is really restore your original power if you lost any. If you get wrong spark plugs like the Bosch ones you will be hurting your car and definatly feel a loss of power. The reason we hugh NGK's is because they are the stock ones with our cars and work the best. Other people on the board use Iridium and Denso ones as well but most people like the NGK's. They say they work the best. I would recommend them, considering I will buy them also pretty soon. ( right after the CAI ) LOL.:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sound

Mustangfanatic0, I am going to be selling 3 jl 10" w0's with the box for like $250 hardly used. We cut the original box down about 2 inches so it would fit in the ol hatch =) Plain jane black box, the subs are bridged and sound nice. price is negotiable to a reasonable amount. Let me know if u want anything. AND if i go ahead and buy the jl 15" w6's then I will also have a bandpass box with 2 jl 12" w6's in it for sale. Let me know.

Jon

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
I'm definetely interested, but I really can't. I have like negative money right now, and won't have any money to blow for like a few months :( Sorry man, sounds real nice though!!!

Mustang,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sell

sell me your TT

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Make sure your car is up to stock before you start throwing money on mods. I did my 120K mantinence and I noticed a huge diffrence in performance. Also you can try the stuff from BG like 44K it will help clean your engine and make it run smoother.

Neways good luck with your es. I have a 91 es and I pulled on a GT from 55 to 100. He was at my bumper when I left off with plenty of power to go. A car length isnt much but I started behind him.

I hear the newer gt's are hearder to beat I think his was the older one when 4.6 just came out.

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
Yeah, there is a 45 horsepower gain from 96-96 models to 99+ models. Plus, the 2001's have a new tranny, which I like :) Thanks for the advice. I'm doing the tune-up myself. So far I've done the plugs and wires. Timing belt and water pump are on the way this weekend. I have have some engine cleaner things, such as fuel injector cleaner. I haven't noticed the difference yet, will I still notice it after these things? Thanks man! I have a ton of things to do to it before I sell it. It really is a great car though. Everything is solid!

Mustang,

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
Oh btw, sorry to steal the thread, the advice applied to me too! :)

Mustang,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts