Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
vice prez: TPW
8,091 Posts
Whats the deal with these VR-4 drivers.I've personally raced 4 mustang Gt's and beaten 3. Not by much but it was still a win. And I have a FWD 222HP Base. Either the VR-4 drivers can't drive, or they really werne't VR-4's, or these are some nice aftermarket Mustangs.
-John

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
LOL, that guy's a moron.

"He had an a-pillar gauge, so I knew it had to be hooked up"

:rolleyes: WTF? I've got an a-pilar gauge, my car isn't even BPU. Dumbass. Besides, I've beaten blown 5.0's, 4.6's, and there's a new Stage III Roush (Vorteched) around Tulsa hurtin from the whooping my buddy put on him in his VR-4. Not to say our cars dont get beat by mustangs, they do (my cousin's Cobra would have kicked my ass before it broke), I'm just saying the guy that posted that thread is an idiot. Oh, loved the beached whale comments we got too. Funny how people talk smack about the beached whale untill they pull up next to you at a light, and suddenly get real quiet.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Marshall, do you know this guy or his car? Tell that punk bitch I'll meet him at Desoto and show him my beached whale's tail lights. I'll be sure to get it on video..

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
This is an old ass thread. 1_fast-stang has since then taken his car to the track, and he ran a 11.98 @ 115. Then he added a couple more mods and now runs a mid 11 at close to 120mph.

Sorry, but he probably did beat a VR4.

He wanted to race 99missile last month, but Eric's car is still broken down.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
So, who is Florida is going to represent us? That post goes to show how people know nothing about our cars and like talking shit.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
11's huh... Yeah.. I'll go ahead and let 99Missile take care of this one..:D

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
He's also a pretty nice guy. He just hates ricers and has a habit of grouping all import drivers into that category. He has one hell of a fast car, though.

·
Twin Power Pellets
9,372 Posts
but 1_fast_stang also mentioned in that old thread that he ran a low-mid 13 with a STOCK stang GT.

is that possible?

I'd assume even with 50 degree weather... 0% humidity.. he still would have a hard time getting a high 13 sec timeslip.

or am I just another uneducated rice boy...

btw... i beat a 2000 Saleen 281 and quite a few 99-00 Cobras/GTs back when I was racing to get into the 12's... so that's where all my scepticism comes from. I also lost to my fair share of GTs.. but they were quite a ways away from stock.

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
I've seen mid 13 claims out of the brand new GT's. Never seen anyone in tulsa get near that with a stock one. Seen a few high 13's though.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
I see him every week at the track running mid 13's in his Bullitt. All Mustangs need to turn good times is traction and a good driver.

There are quite a few stock or near stock 99-up Stangs in the deep 13's at the track. Most of them are 5 speeds. The autos usually run a low, low 14 or a high 13.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It's kids like this "I gave him the flashers" that ruin it. What a F-ing dork! I hope no one on the board gives anyone they just beat the "flashers" This is why I hate mustabg owners. I like the cars, I hate the owners. I like this one too "He had an a-pillar gauge, so I knew it had to be hooked up". I have a dual pillar pod for my auto and my car is slow as shit. This kid is an ass.

·
Twin Power Pellets
9,372 Posts
Yes... the guy made quite a few assumptions...

looking at the exhaust and a pillar pod is not enough to justify that a car is 'hooked up'
:)

My friend had a huge monster tach on his Civic 1.6L non-VTEC... so is he considered 'hooked up'? Ripping those 17 second 1/4 mile passes and all...

It all really boils down to what mods the Mustang had at the time... and even then... I don't really care... lotta peeps have huge egos they feel to reveal online... it'll only take time before that huge ego gets crushed by a Civic. ;) Then he can do nothing more than hide that big ego in his arse.

Don't let that thread get to ya... just the stereotypical 'vr-4 is soo heavy' thread... where unedumakated people feel like discussing something they don't understand.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Shawn---he's not a kid, he's an adult... a police officer in Tampa Bay. He did the whole flasher thing because that's what all the local ricers do and he wanted to emphasize his point and rub it in the 3000gt's face by flashing him.

Pacman3000gt---He also knows his car isn' the fastest on the street because Tamparacing.com keeps a database of users' times and there is a Civic that runs a 10.61 @ 134, as well as other Stangs that are in the low/mid 11's. The way I see it, when you build a street car to run mid 11's, you earn the right to be a little cocky.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Hmmm.. I wonder if it was his Bullit that I spanked at Desoto a few months ago. I have that run on video too!:D

·
Running With Scissors
2,654 Posts
WICKEDDREW said:
he ran a 11.98 @ 115. Then he added a couple more mods and now runs a mid 11 at close to 120mph.
Shouldn't mid 11's net trap speeds in the mid 120's?

·
Registered
192 Posts
What's with the whole "ricer" thing on those boards? Everyone who drives an import is a ricer? I read in a cycle world, that upon seeing the new Harley V-rod, most old school Harley riders called it a rice rocket. Yeah, with a PORSCHE engine! My daily driver is a Camaro, I had that way before my VR-4 and I knew well enough to know there's a difference between rice and import. I dunno, I beat GT's all the time in Denver with just an intake. Turbos compress air easier at altitude, but still, how would our cars compare to a GT when we go around some corners and our AWS, viscous coupling, and sport suspension are all kicked in? I know we take corners better at low speeds even before the AWS kicks in because I valet in a tight parking garage. Final thought, I think the whole "imports are ricers and ricers suck" attitude is called mulletude. And if you want to see how cool mulletude is, check out mulletsgalore.com!
LONG LIVE THE IMPORT KING!!!!!!!! THE 3S!

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
Speeyuk---not with slicks and a 1.6 60 foot time. It also depends on gearing, and he usually runs his car at the 1/8 mile track. I know he has never trapped 120 because he was just talking about it the other day.

Here's a quote from him about his latest 1/8 mile run:

1_fast_stang
Thursday November 8th, 2001 10:46 am
----------------------------
back from sunshine last night turned in a new best 1/8th time
7.58 @ 92.57 (1.648) with slicks

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Drew....

I've tried to post there but the administrator haven't verified my username yet.....

Tell them guys i wants to have fun too.....hopefully next week my engine head will be back in the car.....i'm doing all the work this time with help from some of my friends so its taking alittle bit longer;)

·
i am joe dirt
1,875 Posts
i like the bullits they are some nice ass cars i test drove one right about the time they came out nice looking stangs i must admit but that damn alum shift knob hurts like hell if its hot out side

1 - 20 of 34 Posts