Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
I've posted a message earlier asking for info but got nothing..

I don't know how different the wheel well is between the 99' V4's and yours. All i can suggest is call a mitsu dealer and ask them if they'll fit..

try this link i actually found a small blurb on the page on the mudguards..
www.bochmitsubishi.com/accessories/3000GT.asp

Mudguards - "Give your 3000GT's sleek body the extra protection it deserves with custom mudguards. Made of long-lasting polyurethane, they're a perfect fit for your 3000GT. "

what I want to know is what they look like on our cars... know any pics of cars with them on ??

W

·
0 Posts
There is a Japanese GTO site that shows the mud guards, GTO seat back covers, a factory coil over set up for lowering the car and several other things available for the GTO version over in Japan. I thought I had it book-marked. If I can find it I'll post the site. All the prices and info is in Japanese. The mud guards are subtle looking, I think they give the car a nice look.

·
Curmudgeon
5,458 Posts
When I first saw people asking about mud flaps for our cars I asked myself what kind of geek would do that? Then I passed a 1st generation 3000 with them the highway the other day, and I have to say the are kind of sharp. They mold well with the body and give the rear a nice finished look. I don't know where to get them, but put me on the "Me Too"
list!

Steve

A

·
0 Posts
the only mudguards I can get is the crummy rubber ones from dodge.. POS!!... i want the molded ones..

as long as they are the nice molded ones I'm happy.. anyone know if the guards for a 3000GT will fit a stealth properly ?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Alex, I have a 1995 VR-4 with the factory mud guards. They look good and flow with the lines of the body. I'll try to get you a few photo's this week in JPEG format and e-mail them to you. What is your e-mail address? They should fit your Stealth also, same body for the most part.

Brian

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I have the factory mudguards on my "94 VR4. They look nice and work well. I ordered them from the local Mitsubishi dealer. I recall they cost about $100. They are of very good quality.

Took about 20 minutes to put them on.

I was a little concerned about how they would look but they blend beautifully with the car. There is a lot of road debris here and I'm sure these are saving the rocker panels and rear fender walls.

Chris

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
I also wanted to put some mudguards on.. I just called the dealer and they are around $110 bucks or so

M

·
0 Posts
What??? I had factory mudguards on my 96 3KGT. I thought they all had them. I recently took them off because I have 18" wheels. My friend (who also has a GT) took his off and put it in my head that they look funky with custom wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,353 Posts
I've got the mudguards on my 96 VR-4. I assume they are factory. You don't even notice that they are there, except for the fact that the inside of the wheel well isn't all torn up!

I had looked at another 96 VR-4 last summer, driven by a middle aged gentleman who had bought it for the AWD (he had owned an SL before that, and an RX-7 before that, and lives in Massachusetts...) What I mean to say is that I don't think he beat on the car, it only had 48K miles on it, but the inner wheel wells were all yellow (Base fiberglass color), because he didn't have the mudguards on it...

I would definitely buy them and put them on if my car didn't have them already.

Hal

[This message has been edited by hal (edited December 13, 1999).]

A

·
0 Posts
well i think its about the same price for mud guards on other cars... is that price for a set of 4 or 2 ??

putting the mudflaps on may hamper the classic gravel spit.. I did this back up north on stupid drivers.. throw your burning cigarettes out the window and it hits my girl.. you get a nice gravel pelt on your hood...

I think mudflaps should really be standard.. helps cut down on the spray from other cars and gives me better visibilty to pass people

·
Registered
182 Posts
For those of you who requested photo's, I'll try to send them this week. Hal mentioned in his post that without the mud guards, the paint inside the wheelwell gets worn away and you can see the pale yellow fiberglass. I had an SL before buying my VR-4 and it did not have mudguards. I used to spray paint the front wheelwells every few months, then finally switched to using black undercoating to stop the paint from being "sandblasted" off the inner wheelwell all the time! It only happened on the front. They factory mudguards look fine to me, but the protection they offer is much better than not having them in my opinion.

Brian

·
3,802 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts