Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MSD does not show a spark plug wire set for the 1991 3000gt vr4. However they do show one for the 1992 3000gt vr4 MSD 32709. My question then is there a difference between the 1991 and the 1992?

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,120 Posts
I have been around this place for 20 years, and while I "could" be wrong, I believe they would be the same.
It's the same engine, same coils mounted in the same place.
I'm honestly not sure how plugs wires could (or should) be different.

Bob.

EDIT: I just checked Pep Boys, and they show the same wires for either a 91 or 92 Stealth TT (it was convenient as I own a 92 TT) same car as a VR4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being entirely new to a owning a Mitsubishi 3000 gt vr4 and to the forum, it is all a totally new experience for me.
However that being said, thought that might be the case, but just to be sure, here I am.
Thank you for your help Bob.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Dont be surprised if the front 3 wires are a little long. Supposed to be to spec., but bith times I have bought a set the dront three are aboit .5" longer than what would ne ideal. Just means you have a lite extra bend outside the cover. DONT TRY STUFFING THEM INSIDE THE COVER PLATE. EASY TO CUT OR TEAR THE HOUSING AND GET MISFIRE. DEALERSHIP LESSON NOT OF MY DOING. SURPRISE. LOL!

PEACE

1 - 5 of 5 Posts