Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Big Kid
2,781 Posts
good question I was wondering the same thing. Someone said that you only need 2 adapters, but the MSD rep said that you dont need any adaptors at all. Maybe they fixed the problem and the need for an adapter.

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
2 MSD PN8912 Dual Ignition Adaptors

It will *not* work without the adaptors in my experience.

·
Big Kid
2,781 Posts
omnip

how did you connect your dis unit? I saw where you mounted it but did you make a wire plug in adapter or hard wire it in?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
omnip_1 said:
whoops. forgot to drop the how-to into the msd directory. here's the link with all the info you need.

omnip's stupid litle msd-4 guide
Wow, sounds complicated. I used stock connectors from a salvage yard and the MSD was hoocked up in half an hour. Also I do have three dual coil adapter not the quad ones. I only have a 6 cyl and do not see the cause for an 8 cyl setup in my car.

·
OG *** Member
2,742 Posts
Who cares which adaptor you use - quad or double. The point is, you need the adaptors! I got two quads for FAR cheaper then three doubles.

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I bought all my stuff from MVP motorsports. I bought a set of injectors, MSD and tach adaptors and a harness to mount them in the trunk for about $800 shipped

Sam

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
It looks like the dual tach adapters I have are not available anymore.Therefore two of the larger 8912 must be used.

Price is about $339 for the DIS-4 and $92 for two quad tach adapters. There is no premade harness availabel for our cars but it is not that complicated. in the DIS-4 manual there is a schematic diagram that could be copied out of our manuals. Just follw the description provided and you'll be fine.

Remember, you will only gain of the ignition with the Aceel coils ! The DIS only doesn't do any. Increasing the gap helps for a week or so and later you will have to regap them again as the old problems will come back (with only the amp)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts