Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rick92 was just here and we got the motor all preped to take out... just like to say thanks to rick for all the help and I am pulling the motor tommorow so wish me luck... I will get to see what the extent of the damage is tommorow too!

·
Retired
12,235 Posts
Good luck. pulling it isn't bad, its the prep work that sucks.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Thank you, Thank you very much... (in my best Elvis voice)

Hey Guys thanks to Bryan's prep work we only had to spend about 3 hours on it total - and that's because we had a tough time removing the bolt though the rear motor mount. Since I had just done mine this summer - it was pretty easy. Kudo's to Bryan - he's on his way to grab my Cherry Picker and Load Leveler. I'm sure he will keep us all posted.

·
Wrenchmonkey #839
4,984 Posts
Suggestions

Suggestions:

Protect your front bumper because you might hit it with the cherry picker.

Make sure the cherry picker is VERY close to top of engine. Nothing is more irritating that lifting the engine, not being able to clear the fenders, dropping the engine back in, taking slack out of chain and then being able to pull the engine.

Make sure you have the right metric bolts to bolt the engine to the stand, Some of the bolts bolt into the block w/o a nut. 1/2 of the stock bolts were too small to pass through my engine stand so while the engine hung in the air I ran to the hardware store.

Take the clutch, flywheel dust plates and rear oil seals off, before you mount the engine to a stand. Once on the stand you can't reach the bolts for these parts.

Pictures, pictures, and video if you have it. I had to go back to my picures dozens of times and I have to referncethe video I took several time because the angle was not right in the pictures.

Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts