Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
og
4,293 Posts
forgive me for being a pain Dave... but these no-MAS pipes, how exactly does this work? do I just put them on and leave the regular MAS somewhere around there? wouldn't that pop me a CEL? I guess my question is what the heck do I do with the MAS? I know I want to get rid of the box but I would have thought the car still needs the MAS to work properly?
you have to convert to a blow-through system.

your car still needs a reading for mass air flow, there are a few options available, search "blow-through" or maft pro, something like that, but you cannot simply do away with the mas.

essentially these pipes allow you to do away with the factory sensor and relocate it to somewhere after the turbos, where it is a more accurate reading... the downside being, you need to purchase the new type of sensor and some type of translator for it to work with the factory ecu.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
forgive me for being a pain Dave... but these no-MAS pipes, how exactly does this work? do I just put them on and leave the regular MAS somewhere around there? wouldn't that pop me a CEL? I guess my question is what the heck do I do with the MAS? I know I want to get rid of the box but I would have thought the car still needs the MAS to work properly?
N0-Mas intake pipes are used when you have changed to a different MAS like the GM 3.5" installed in the upper IC pipe or an AEM system or other non-factory fuel system.

·
Ancient Spirit Of Evil
3,922 Posts
N0-Mas intake pipes are used when you have changed to a different MAS like the GM 3.5" installed in the upper IC pipe or an AEM system or other non-factory fuel system.
so if I pull the S-AFC from my eclipse and somehow find a way to make it play nice with the vr4, I could use these pipes? again, sorry for being a stupid ass, I have blown up my 4g63 before, not trying to do the same with this car

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
so if I pull the S-AFC from my eclipse and somehow find a way to make it play nice with the vr4, I could use these pipes? again, sorry for being a stupid ass, I have blown up my 4g63 before, not trying to do the same with this car
No, see our web site Intercoolers page. We have photos of these pipes installed with a GMAF in the Upper IC pipe. This is a typical installation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey any sale for the translator/gmaf 3.5/or y-pipe to go with it??? just wana ask cuz i've ben tryin to get that since i already have the other half of it..trying to save money since im a lil bit on a budget..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hey any sale for the translator/gmaf 3.5/or y-pipe to go with it??? just wana ask cuz i've ben tryin to get that since i already have the other half of it..trying to save money since im a lil bit on a budget..
None of these items will be on sale in the near future.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts