Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....Well I know a guy up here in NJ that totaled his 95 Base 3000GT.

At the time he was racing a BMW 325i both were autos and he ended up flipping over at 125mph. :eek: Yeah, I know..that must have suxed.

Well the interesting part is that in the back of his car he had brand new Eibach Springs and Underdrive Crank. He also has a VR-4 trottle body.

My questions are:

1) Will a set of Eibach Springs work for any year 3K???:confused: since mine is a 98 DOHC SL and his was a 95 DOHC Base..

2) Are Underdrive Pulley's and Underdrive Crank the same thing???:confused:

A. Will his year Crank if In my 98SL????...(he has 95 DOHC and I have 98 DOHC.)

B. If the underdrive pulleys and Underdrive crank are not the same thing what is the difference???:confused:

C. Do they both require new timing belts to fit properly???:confused:

D. For example:..If I get the Underdrive Crank do I need to get a new Timing belt for it??:confused:

3) Will the Trottle Body of A VR-4 fit on another DOHC 3k???:confused:

A. What is the difference in diameter of the VR-4 Trottle Body compared to a SL 3K????:confused:

I know its a lot of questions guys but this would be great if I could get these parts off of him and pay less for them rather then ordering them + paying shipping just to wait longer.

Thanx guys I appreciate it.;)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TTT

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TTT.

HHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!:D

I am going to buy this stuff off the guy by Monday if I am going to buy it at all so I need all the info I can. So if you can please help guys.

Right Now I am just gathering up All the modifications and parts Than I am going to install them one by one.

SO any info would be appreciated:)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys forget about all that..I spoke to the guy today and he said the Trottle Body is off of a 95 VR-4 and practically brand new. Also he is selling the CrankShaft Pulley with the 3 belts.

I decided not to get the Lowering Springs just because I want the Coil Overs instead.

WEll the question is simply:

the price is:

250 (Bored Out Trottle Body) + 150 (Crankshaft Pulley w/Belts)

So it would cost me $400....What do you guys think??? is it a good price???

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the bored out throttle body.. you can have your stock TB bored out at dynamic racing for the same price, and i'm sure it would be a safer bet than the vr4 throttle body. :) just my opinion

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He wants like $215 for the springs man....Cuz he said they have never been opened

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also...Would there be a problem with the VR-4 Trottle Body???

and Dynamic Racing also sells the bored out Trottle Body...would you guys consider that a better investment???

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also...Would there be a problem with the VR-4 Trottle Body???

and Dynamic Racing also sells the bored out Trottle Body...would you guys consider that a better investment???

So, so far I am going to get the CrankShaft Pulley from him for $150 with the belts and I am probably going to order Underdrive Pulley's from Dynamic Racing later on....What do you guys think about that???

Thanx

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL...Well I am going to keep mine just incase something goes wrong but I will definatly ask him about his stock one...that wont be a problem.;)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TTT

·
The Armor All Tire Mod
115 Posts
Im doin a prot and polish right now, Its not as hard as it sounds but ill let you know about the gains after i get it all back together. There was soo much gunk inside the intake manifold and plenium it was crazy. I know this has to do something

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
EuroRide

Definatly man...the Port and Polish is really supposed to help. I think it was a good 10 horses or something..not sure though.

Tell me how it goes???

also are you doing it yourself or having someone else do it for you??

thanx;)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well From what I have heard around here it is about $500 - $800 depending on where you go.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I talked to him man....and he said everything was scraped so he has nothing left of the car. Sorry man.;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.