Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love my sl. It's a gorgeous car, fun to drive, etc. I want more though. More power, more speed. I own my car outright, so I could modify it slowly but surely. Thing is it'll never be a vr-4. Not even with extensive and expensive mods like a supercharger. Do I sell her and hope to find a vr-4, or do i keep her and give her a full body make-over?

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
depends on what you want and how much you're looking to spend. if you sell a 99 SL, with low miles in mint condition, you'll be lucky to find a 95 SL in pretty good condition with 70+ miles. So you're gonna have to sacrifice. I'm in the same boat you are. I'm lookin for a TT though. I'm gonna get one, rebuild it, and hope it still works:p

Matt

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
My 95 SL only has 26k miles!

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
Maverick Hunter said:
My 95 SL only has 26k miles!
point being????

·
Registered
481 Posts
does anyone know the insurance difference between a base 3000gt to a vr4?? i pay 1600$ on my base 1996 3000gt and i live in NYC. i want to know how much more would it be if i have a vr4..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BIG Difference... Who is your carrier, that makes a difference, how's your record, that makes a difference, where in NYC? Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, BX, SI? that makes a difference. Just call your carrier and ask em. U Know Wut? you just helped me decide to keep theSL and modify the hell outta it. I got 10 pt's on my license. 2 more I'm through, my insurance is already through the roof and I'm not mature enough to drive the speed limit all day all night w/ a vr-4. License would be Revoked not suspended but revoked if I got my hands on a vr-4 and did all the mods my mind and wallet would allow me to. Hell when I'm done with the sl I'm looking at 340-350 horses. A vr-4 I could easily get 440 + horses Easily. 440+AWD=prison sentence if you know what i mean

·
The Voice of Reason
2,023 Posts
And you're going to be able to keep a 340-350 hp SL at the speed limit? :rolleyes:

You've got ten points on your license? Get a Metro. You're just going to be tempted into nailing those other two points with a 3S.

·
Twin Turbo Devil
2,052 Posts
you can always TT it.. then it will be pretty much equal to a VR4 (w/o the AWD of course) but since the comp. ratio is 10:1 im not too sure you can do it, though.. you'll have to check it outgood luck :bandit:

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
might not be a bad idea. I have high miles on mine so an engine rebuild is in the planning phases. I think the s/c might be a better bang for the buck as opposed to a tt conversion. Then again I could just get that metro someone mention and add NOS. Ha! Ha! That way I can race that nissan sentra that claimed he kept up with a 1999 vr-4.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.