Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Modified (stronger) adjustable control arms

2K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  2fast4usteeley 
#1 ·
To address some complaints about noisy rod ends we looked into the issue and came up with a solution. These new parts replace the standard rod ends with teflon lubricated, aircraft grade, ones so there should be no more issues with noise and there should even be more strength.

If you have the old style there's nothing to wory about, they're not junk, I've had mine on for years with not so much as a peep from them but others seem to have more issues.

To get these new sets out there and get some reviews I'm running a quick group buy.

$190 shipped for the first 10 to jump in on this. Once we get to that number I'll order the parts for them, modify what needs to be modified, and ship them out to you guys. Paypal is Terry@maximalperformance.com.

I will be running this on that other forum too.

See less See more
#4 ·
the old ones are 145 why are these more expensive?

#12 ·
That's the goal.

#14 ·
Yeah it kinda sucks that I already purchased the old ones, installed last summer and started hearing the noise a bit later. I had them greased before the winter I believe, and now the squeaking is coming back again. I believe I will be investing in the boots lol

#15 ·
I want these but have a little too much going on right now. If the group by is going on in a month or two then I'll be all for it. If not I'll just go for the regular price. Sorry man just really really bad timing it seems.

#17 ·
I just went under there, and it seems like rust may be playing a bigger role than any dirt collecting. Im not sure if its because of how the camber and toe arms are positioned, or the difference in material(?), but the toe arms looked worse than the camber control arms. I got the toe arms from 3sx, but the camber ones were purchased from you guys. I understand the boots could possibly hold dirt in there because of the openings, but It cant be nearly as much as the dirt thats sticking when its wide open, especially now right after it was greased.

#20 ·
Any special discount (a complete replacement under warranty would be fine as well...) for the old squeeky version buyers? Got these a couple of years ago and need to grease them once a month to keed the noise tolerable, in my opinion there's an obvious defect in the product :(

#19 ·
Good looks Terry. Mine make some terrible noises on my TT. One day I will have to replace the inner ends as it drives me insane that they rust and shit. I didn't buy yours as you weren't selling stuff when I bought mine. I bought it from a shop that I don't support for the most part because of the Pricy-ness of that shop for the same parts everyone else carries. I paid at least $200 for my set when I bought mine and they are terrible. The fact that you sell upgraded ones for that is well worth it.

Good choice.

#22 ·
i know this thread is kinda dead but i recently got the Megan coilovers on and went to align it at work and was left with 1.7 degrees camber in the rear and want to get some, but read another thread you had on these and one guy drilled a hole in the end for a zerk on the inside joint and he found boots for them, would you be offering the Teflon coated sets with tapped zerk fittings and boots for the inside if so i would be able to buy a set asap?

#24 ·
well i would definately be looking into buying a set because i dont wanna settle for 1.7 degrees of camber in the rear. but i was looking on jegs website and they have bunch of different rod ends and im going to try and find something with sealed ends, but ill let you know when i wanna pick a set up

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.