Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a 3/S in the near future with the goal of eventually running 11's. I know better than to post that kind of question here so I've done some searching and came up with the following.

Does the modification list look complete and do you think it could hit high 11's with a decent launch on street gas while trapping in the upper teens? Is everything in the proper order as I wouldn't be buying everything at once?

K&N Intake
Boost and EGT Gauge
Quality Manual Boost Controller
Electronic Exhaust Cutout
Y-Pipe
Downpipe
Upgraded and Rewired Fuel Pump
550cc Injectors
S-AFC

Just Performance's 14b turbo setup and all necessary parts (plates, twin 1st gen DSM bov's, piping, dumps, etc.)

Please excuse my lack of knowledge if this doesn't make any sense... I've only been interested in these cars for about a week and I've never owned a forced induction car before.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Looks good. You should be able to hit 11's on that, considering the clutch holds. You might need higher octane than pump though.

I'd do the mods in this order:
K&N Intake
Boost and EGT Gauge
Rewire Fuel Pump
Quality Manual Boost Controller
Downpipe
Electronic Exhaust Cutout
Upgraded fuel pump
S-AFC
550cc Injectors
Just Performance's 14b turbo setup and all necessary parts (plates, twin 1st gen DSM bov's, piping, dumps, etc.)

You shouldnt need a y-pipe if you get a good clamp for the stocker. I have the stock clamp tightened with a socket wrench, and it has seen 17 psi and held fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I want to make sure that this is a safe setup. Do you guys recommend something to detect knock? I've seen MSD knock module, but it seems a little overpriced. Is it possible to make your own or could it be cheaper to use a Palm or laptop for datalogging?

What brand intake and downpipe do you recommend? Would a Supra TT fuel pump supply enough fuel?

Thanks again for the help. If everything works out, I'll make a site with times as the stages progress. As of now this setup looks rather safe and should run around $2500.

Now I just need to sell my Impreza and find a car...

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
info

the supra pump will supply enough fuel, you might want to hotwire it

the stock clutch probably won't take many 11 second passes

as far as detecting knock: you could get a 91-93 TT or VR-4 and you would be able to get a pocketlogger from www.pocketlogger.com...this is a great tool. You can go to that sight to learn more.

There are some who think the stock maf will become a large restriction around 500-550 crank hp...that's the area you're looking at. good luck and nice job searching before asking, you gathered pretty much all the info you needed....if you think i can be of some help feel free to pm me with any more questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.