Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1100 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
the logging cable does not plug right into the palm, it plugs into a 'serial sync cable'

what kind of serial sync cable do you have? The 2-headed ones never worked for me (the ones that are both serial and usb)

Bob
I have a stock M100 with all cables and a cradle. I use a cable that has 9 pin on one end and our harness plug PLUGS INTO IT and then into the car and have 3 of these cables I have tried so its not that cable for sure. Its wired to pins 1, 12 and looped back from 12 to 10. When I volt meter test I use pins 1 and 12 and get a code every time as the CEL will come on when the car cuts out code 14. My ECU had no leaking Caps but I replaced them anyway. I made friends with a local electrician supply store down the street from my work and they have taught me so much about soldering and circuit testing and much more. I bought all types of soldering stuff and I re-soldered everything on my ECU and they and I both tested everything on that board and it is perfect. So I am 100% sure its not the ECU. Its my Palm or the Palm cable but I took the cradle out there to the garage and still no response no datalogger. Like I SAID It SUCKS!

·
Resident mad scientist
2,794 Posts
if the cable is looped from pin 10 to 12, does the abs light come on when the cable is plugged in?

B

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
goes palm cable out of palm with a 9 pin on the end and it connects to a 9 pin cable with our harness plug on the other end of it.

·
Resident mad scientist
2,794 Posts
some palms require external power fed to their serial port, some dont...

I'm not sure if the M100 does.

Does your logging cable have a wire hanging out that you plug into the fuse box?

Bob

·
Resident mad scientist
2,794 Posts
what version of Palm Os is on that unit?

B

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
some palms require external power fed to their serial port, some dont...

I'm not sure if the M100 does.

Does your logging cable have a wire hanging out that you plug into the fuse box?

Bob

no and its the current 3.5.3 OS

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
i read it is to be 3.5.1 maybe huh maybe? how do I get it back to 3.5.1 OS from 3.5.3

·
Registered
1,497 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
OK I just did a hard reset and it brought the OS back to 3.5.1 as it says here http://mmcdlogger.sourceforge.net/#Palm Support that it should be 3.5.1 for a m100 so now I will load what version of mmcd on first now? version 1.5 or 1.7 or 1.8. Also what is mmcd tools for?

·
Resident mad scientist
2,794 Posts
assuming that your abs is working, and the diag wire has not been cut, then there may be an issue with the wiring harness.

In order for the ECU to talk to the logger, it must be in diagnostic mode.

this is what connecting pin 10 to 12 does.

the diagnostic pin for the abs is also connected to pin 10, so looping pins 10 and 12 puts the abs in diagnostic mode also, which turns on the abs light.

Your issue may be related to this.

as far as the OS, I'm not sure. As far as MMCd, any version should work.

Bob

·
Resident mad scientist
2,794 Posts
MMCd tools is a way to import MMCd data into excel (I think)

I have never used it.

B

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,002 Posts
lol what a coincidence! I just used MMCd Tools to convert one of my old datalogs. It is basically a conversion tool for your .pdb files to convert over to .csv/.xls with raw, metric, and english units.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
assuming that your abs is working, and the diag wire has not been cut, then there may be an issue with the wiring harness.

In order for the ECU to talk to the logger, it must be in diagnostic mode.

this is what connecting pin 10 to 12 does.

the diagnostic pin for the abs is also connected to pin 10, so looping pins 10 and 12 puts the abs in diagnostic mode also, which turns on the abs light.

Your issue may be related to this.

as far as the OS, I'm not sure. As far as MMCd, any version should work.

Bob

ABS is fine , not one issue with it. I reset to version 3.5.1 and just was out trying it and same shit. no reading. I take it off pause it scrolls through what is checked and pause checks back on. no reading. I give up again. I have been trying this for a month or 2 and same shit . NO READING. In test mode it will say serial comm error or then it will say ecu comm error and it just is not reading and no abs light comes on. this sucks but car runs pretty damn good except for the breaks in my front injectors and my new wires/pigtails will be here tomorrow or Saturday. I am going to bed. Thanx but it doesn't work. I just once would like to see it work. That would be so cool. But no luck

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I just noticed in the car pin #10 has a cut wire. Like it was cut and wrapped around the other wires. It is pink. Left me a sixteenth of an inch on the harness side so no room to solder back together. How do I get those plugs out of the harness to solder this wire back together. Why would it be cut? i am the second owner and the original was a pharmacist. Who would cut that wire and for what reason I wonder? That may be why I am getting no datalogger. My car has every option but key-less entry. So how do I remove the plug tip out of the harness. Do I just pull on it with needle nose pliers or what.

·
3SNJ Pres
2,779 Posts
pin #10 needs to be grounded in order for the ECU to go into diagnostic mode.
You can use a pick or thin probe to lift the little "lock" that holds the pin in place.
You can see it from the pin side of the plug.
Once it is lifted you can pull the pin out from the wire side.
There is a tool to remove the pin but it is not really worth it just for this one time.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I got my data-logger working. Wire 10 was cut. I soldered it and it now works. So where do I go to learn what all these number mean? I have a Palm M100 and have no idea what the numbers should be or how to use it for diagnosing problems. After hours on the net and everywhere I just need someone to point me to a code list and what the reading should be and what it all means. Im totally new to data-logging SO i NEED SOME REAL HELP.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I just need someone to point me to a code list and what the reading should be and what it all means. Im totally new to data-logging SO i NEED SOME REAL HELP.
I don't have a palm logger but the basics are all the same.
To start off with watch: knock count and O2 voltage

If it knocks and it's lean -> add fuel
If it knocks and it rich -> remove timing (if you have that capability)

Simplistic approach but it works.

·
og
4,293 Posts
1061 - 1080 of 1100 Posts