Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Evil Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully done a Mitsubishi GDI (gasoline direct injection) conversion on a car here in the states, or has thought about doing it?

I’m very curious to see how this would fare w/ our turbo engines.

·
Registered
422 Posts
uhh... :confused: isn't the GDI system for diesel engines??

ZB

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
The new Eclipse does not have it. We can't run GDI engines due to our high sulfur gasoline.

Changing to a GDI engine would be pointless. As I said, we can't run them on our low octane high sulfur cat piss gas, and there would be no performance benefits at all even if we could run them.

·
Vr-4 Evr
2,027 Posts
I thought i read somewhere that the new eclipse had it. Must of been in the future type thing or something. I know we'll eventually get it in the us but it'll probably suck for sports car the wy the fuel is injected.

·
Evil Member
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well here's just 1 article to read, not quite sure why you say pointless and not performance benefits?

http://www.autospeed.com/A_1063/page1.html?src=suggestions

I'll still trying to find out more about our fuel though. My understanding was that it had more to do w/ catalytic converts not able to keeps up, but still looking into that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.